Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I have been a very busy girl lately! I couldn't wait to tell you all about it here!!!!

Firstly I want to thank the kind people at Intercal for giving me permission to announce the webpage!  I really appreciate them allowing me to let you all know  :hug:

Bearwitched is a new webpage that will predominatly be a monthly e-zine.  The launch will be on January 1st.  I wanted to let you all know about the site before the launch, so you can email me photos for the zine, in time for the launch.

There will also be user galleries attached and along with a forum.

I am welcoming EVERYONE to participate, and start sending photos.

The Jan issue will have in it:

Two artist profiles (Both TT members!)
New Creations - this will appear in every issue
Bears With Bows (First installment of the Accessorising bears section, can be past creations of course)
White Bears (also can be past creations)
Plus different articles.

Please start sending photos and short descriptions to me so I can start working on the pages.  I really want everyone to submit photos - the more the merrier!

The webpage is free to use, however I am asking for donations if a bear sells due to contact made through the site.  This will help keep the site running.

Bears and Friends are most welcome - including Gollies!

I am also looking for people to write articles for the zine, contact me if you're interested!

The webpage is uploaded, so you can take a nosey through, read info about the site.  All further announcments and information will be discussed on Bearwitched's forum, so please ask any questions there!! I don't want to flood this board about Bearwitched.

There is also a competition running, where one lucky member of the mailing list will win one of my bears.

To, please take a look here:
http://www.bearwitched.com

Looking forward to hearing what you think and receiving your emails with photos attached! I'm hoping this webpage will be fantastic for everyone involved in the artist bear world (collectors and artists alike)

Thanks for reading,
Danin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Danni!  Congratulations!  You have been busy.....hope this doesn't mean we will loose you.  we don't want to loose you honey...... bear_cry

But what an exciting thing you are doing!

dilu

Australia

LOL Of course not  :hug:

I just wanted to do something that might give us all a little bit more exposure, and something a little different than what's out there today.

Danni

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Oh, Danni!! That's wonderful news and very useful info.
I want to send some photos!! May I...? bear_grin  bear_whistle

Very very interesting!
HUGGS, JULIA

Australia

Yes Yes yes!!!!!!  Everyone can send photos - everyone is welcome.. I also adore your work Julia - so I would love you to participate!

Danni

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

OK!!!  :clap: GREAT!  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Danni what a great idea ....... I will send pictures .... :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hey Danni...

Good luck with the venture!  It looks great - I admire you for your ability to do so much... I haven't done anything for ages, though I did discover a bear that I had made (and promptly forgotten)on Sunday (he's white too!)

I will check back in on your site in Jan (that's the launch date??)

Australia

Thanks Melissa, start submitting photos before then though :)

Danni

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I have to get my a into g and take some.  Woohoo only 6 more days of work and then 2 weeks holiday.  I plan to do a whole lotta bear making and more importantly catch up on my photo taking.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

This is great Danni - the site is looking very good so far bear_original  I'm just finishing a white bear at the moment so I'll get some photos taken soon and send them to you. 

Good luck bear_original

Hugs
Catherine

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I have just checked out the new site. Its fantastic congradulations. bear_thumb I have put your site in my favourites  bear_original

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Beautiful website, Danni ! I love the styling very much !
If you need some help for anything (time is not so easy to find, isn't it ?  :rolleyes:), just ask, dear bear_original  :love:.
Congrats and lots of hugs bear_original.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Do they need to be bears that are still available?  More info!!! I want to submit photos...

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

OH Dani, that is soo great!
Once I get home from work, I'll send you some pictures.

Heather

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_thumb  Way to go Danni!!!  bear_thumb  It looks REALLY nice, it does..and very easy to navigate. 

I'm with Dilu, though  :hug: I don't want to lose you on here  bear_flower

Deb Upstate New York

Congratulations Danni!  You have been SERIOUSLY busy!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Danni, what a very generous and positive way you're helping the bear industry!!  Will be in contact with you at some point . . . I'm knee deep in trying to get limited editions finished right now.  Way to go, girl . . . you rock!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awesome Danni!!! Congrats on such an interesting and positive venture! We as artisits are very grateful. The more exposure for the teddy bear community the better! Way to go Girl!

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ditto what Sue Ann said... I owe you a response to some mail but have been swamped with other business concerns, so my INBOX goes unanswered.  You're such a gem, and most appreciated for your efforts to better the industry.

:hug:

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Yeah Danni!! More exposure for artists the better....Will send pics....and would be glad to help if I can.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower  Danni,

Thanks and hugs  :hug:  to you! What a wonderful site, and a generous idea. I've already signed up . . .

Eileen

Australia

Thanks girls!!!!!!!  You are all so great!!! I really hope that this is success, but for it to become that, it relies on you all as much as me.  I really do need submissions!
So, please send them to:
danni@bearwitched.com

Links on webpage would be great!    bear_thumb

No - bears that have been previously adopted are fine. I know some people don't have webpages, so they don't  really have anything to advertise bears on, apart from selling on eBay.  So, if you send me bears that have been sold, it's still good exposure, and you might just get an order from a collector for a similar bear that they've seen on Bearwitched!

Sue Ann & Shelli - thanks for your lovely comments, I wasn't so sure how it was going to be received, so I'm glad to hear you don't mind!

Gleyns - I forgot to answer in your email about photosize. It doesnt matter, I can re-size here, but I think for a jpg imagine, it doesn't need to be bigger than 100kb

Girls: When you join the mailing list, you will receive an email. YOu need to click a link in the email to cofirm you do indeed want to be a member.  I think some people haven't confirmed their subscription. If you don't confirm, you won't be a member.
Thanks!
Danni

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Danni, I send you a letter. Please let me know, did I do everything right?  bear_wub  bear_smile

Julia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

i joined and sent you an email.... I will help out however I can... i wont write any articles because I am not good at that... we can leave that to our talkers... Shelli, Dilly... bear_original  :hug:

Board footer