Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

pbkjlyons2f.jpgpbkjlyons1f.jpgI'm calling this - Thomas' Big Present! - Nanova has just given Thomas the Mouse a Rocking Horse for Christmas. Nanova is a full-bodied Polar bear, 18" tall and Thomas is a life size needle felted mouse riding a wooden Rocking Horse. It will be a little while before I put him up for adoption as I want to take several rolls of photos (yes, I'm still old-fashioned, use film bear_cool )with different poses and backgrounds.
I'm not sure about the name? Usually I have no trouble with names but I can't seem to think of a descriptive or colorful name for these guys. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Karen

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

How about fantastic!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Raewyn

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I think the names you've chosen are perfect for them Karen! Lovely set!

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

perfect smile! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Wow!  Amazing and beautiful!!!

bear_thumb
~Kathy

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Beautiful set Karen. bear_wub  bear_wub

The Great Bear Posts: 94

Well done Karen  :clap:  :clap:

The names sound alright.

Just an idea , "Avalanche" for the bear and "Snow-Flake" for the mouse but whatever it does not change your lovely work.

Eric

NatalyTools NatalyTools
Kurgan, Russia
Website

Fantastic job!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

My word, what a gorgeous bear and mouse!  So different and so wonderful!  Really fantastic work, I love them. bear_wub  bear_wub

I particularly like the bear's expression looking at the little mouse, how lovely!  He actually looks delighted to see his little friend enjoying the new toy. Aaaaaah!

And now that you have printed their names, it wouldn't seem right to change them, they seem to "fit" absolutely perfectly!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Absolutely FABULOUS! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I just LOVE the bear's expression! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Cheryl

Vero Heck Vero Heck
Pinneberg
Website

Oh, they are lovely! very beautiful set  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  Wow. They are amazing. bear_thumb

Seraphim Seraphim Bears
Belleville
Website

Such beautiful Polar faces have been created by you... I just love them. As the the name issues... I had a thought on the fact that these two are odd friends but still friends indeed. That might mean that the mouse is an ice mouse living with the ice bears or how would they have met and become so close that Nanova has bought him a Christmas gift. So I thought an Inuit name for the mouse might be sweet also like "Miki" meaning "little" or "Illamar: meaning "Friend".

Just having fun with your story is all... I know these two will be cherished no matter what their names... a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: awesome Hugs Lynne xx  bear_wub  bear_wub

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Fabulous polar bear!  There can never be enough of the big white critters!

Zhuvycia Meskis Bears
Lithuania, Elektrenai

I've never seen somethin else from you but cats. And the bear is just perfect! (However, his smile reminds me a litle bit a big cat  bear_grin )

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

They are amazing.  I love the expression.  I think the names are prefect.  I was once told by a bunch of bear artists when I first started out that you had to name your own bears.  It is your creation, and you need to claim it.  My husband sometimes helps me choose but he picks from a list I already have made up.

The names are perfect.  You wouldn't name your children and then change it because you weren't sure, so don't do it to your bears.

Board footer