Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

portobellobearco now - Amy Goodrich Collectables
California
Website

victoriana-dapple.jpgHi,
Just wanted to share with you this large dapple - she is the first of her kind....a fully jointed composition sitting horse. Inspired by early schoenhut wooden animals, she has a look of being wooden and the finish of her painting & varnishing enhances that aged look.
Has anyone else found using sculptural materials within their soft sculpture work a real thrill?
Love to hear feedback,
Hugs, Amy xx

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Amy,
     Wow, what a lot of work - I haven't done any work like this with animals, but I made dolls years ago and painted and waxed and played with fabric enough to know your dabble was time consuming project.  Isn't it nice when a project works out so well - he's gorgeous!

hugs,

Brenda

The Great Bear Posts: 94

Hello Amy,

Feedbacks are good to be known in all cases. This time, I have to say, this kind of creation is not my cup of tea. I find it scary.

Well it is not my taste at all but it is only a personal view point.

Best Wishes

Eric

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I would be very interested in learning more about this art.  I have a picture of an antique doll, and I would love trying to make something similar.

Little_Bearries Holt, MI

Oh, she looks very sad... she needs more of her kind, stat!

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

i absolutely love it , fantastic job  bear_thumb

Zhuvycia Meskis Bears
Lithuania, Elektrenai

Yes, you did a great great job, I can imagine, how was it hard to reach this result. But I realy don't like it, it is very scary  bear_ermm But also, I'm sure, the horse will find a new home, somebody will like it as it is, I'm more than sure  bear_flower

Board footer