Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi all!

I just had to pop in here to share what I heard on our Chicago radio station.  Course, some of you may already know about this :)

I needed to make some type of gift for my dad.  He does NOT want us to spend $ on him cause he can't do the same for us.  It's called a Memory Jar.  You take a jar and decorate it any way you like... and what you do is write down a simple memory... 365 of them... on separate slips of paper.  Just a sentance or two to spark the memory.  The idea is that your gift recipient then takes one memory out of the jar a day and has that memory with them for that day.

The radio station I got this from was Chicago's WLIT.  They play Christmas music from Dec 1 - Dec 25th.  AND you can listen online too! 

http://www.wlit.com/main.html

Merry Christmas!!

Deb Upstate New York

That is totally AWESOME idea!  :clap:

Thank you for sharing it with 13 days left until Christmas.   bear_grin   I will do one for Mom next year ... or maybe her birthday!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Very neat LL!!!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Deb wrote:

Thank you for sharing it with 13 days left until Christmas.   bear_grin

LOL!!!!  Well, I shared it within 5 minutes of hearing it on the radio  bear_grin

Nicholasville, KY
Website

I think I'll modify this a little... just in case I can't think of 365 memories LOL!  I'll be trying to think of all my nice childhood memories... and it just won't say "one for every day of the year" LOL!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I was going to say, that is a lot of memories!!! Maybe one per week?

Nicholasville, KY
Website

kbonsall wrote:

I was going to say, that is a lot of memories!!! Maybe one per week?

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going for this year.... maybe next year will be a whole year  bear_wacko

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What an excellent, warm, wonderful idea.  I'm going to get my kids to help out with memories of grandma and grandpa, too.  My parents will LOVE this.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Great idea!!!!

This would also be a neat birthday or anniversary idea!!! Hmmmmm.......

Thank you Laura!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Laura . . . thanks for listening to that wonderful radio station and for sharing the outstanding suggestion!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

What a super idea.  One that no amount of money can buy.

No one is ever on thier death bed thinking, 'gee, I wish I had spent more time at work'. People and family are what is most important.

LL this is the best Christmas present I have heard of.  Thank you for sharing it ! bear_wub  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I like this idea a lot...but I think i will modify it for my hubby.  He's a glass 2/3rds empty type guy-always worrying about making everything work right.....and I'm welll...hmmmmmm   not.

So I think I will save a special thing or thought or something he says or does and write those things down on little slips......Maybe it will help him see how good things really are?

He does so many little things that he doesn't even think are special....so It might be a good way to show him I appreciate him....

Thank you Laura Lynn- this will also make me look at all the good things he does and not take him forgranted.....

dilu

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a beautiful idea! Garnet's Dad is like this, hates us buying him anything. I wonder if he would like something like this?

Many Hugs Louise

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Wow, what a great idea!

My hubs is like yours, Dilu, and I'm more like you. Interesting combination, isn't it? bear_grin

I think these guys have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility, which is not entirely a bad thing, of course. Or maybe they believe that if they're on constant watch for trouble, it won't come? Who knows. Fortunately, mine is outnumbered by me and the daughters!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu, your idea for this memory jar is such a wonderful one. Guys like ours need to be reminded of all the good they do and that things really aren't that bad!

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

What a wonderful gift....have an aunt who has been truly inspirational to many people and if I tweek the idea a bit, would suit her perfectly.  Thanks Laura Lynn, so glad you heard about this.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

This is a great idea!  I'd like to use this for my grandmother.  I've already gotten her a gift for Christmas, but I can use it for mother's day or her birthday.  It's so hard to think of ideas for her.  She can buy whatever she wants and she already has everything.  DH might like this too.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Daphne, not my idea....I just rearranged it to fill a need in my family, buf Laura Lynn hadn't posted I would never have thought of this idea.  I am starting on Christmas eve.....I'm going to get a box of flash cards, the little ones, like we had in college?  I think that will work well.....and maybe I should get some stickers to put on them....I think stickers are still a big deal?

hmmmmm

dilu

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Thank you for sharing with us Laura. What a wonderful idea! I probably couldn't get this done for this year, but definitely next year. I think I might do one for my mom from my daughter. They are very, very close. I know my mom would treasure it. She'll probably end up crying every day of the year! My daughter's not even three yet, but you know little ones always have the cutest way of saying things.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu - I just like your 'adapted' idea! The original is great too and I'm so glad Laura shared what she heard on the radio!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Oh you area ALL so 'beary' welcome  bear_grin   Well, when I heard this great idea on the radio of course my first thought was that I HAD to share it with my TT family!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

This really is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

THat is a wonderful idea. and as all of you have mentioned easily adapted. :clap:  bear_flower

Board footer