Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Deb Upstate New York

The pup I was babysitting ... he's my pup!

Picture here if you missed the post (http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=3132).

BOSCO was originally just a babysitting job.  I'm sure I've said before that my sister works at a pet store <no puppy mill dogs ~ all local breeders>.  Anyway this little guy wasn't eating quite enough to suit them, and they
asked us to take him for a few days and work with him.  Four days later, my sister called and said "Hey can you bring the pup to the store; I have someone interested in him."  So Dave and I head to the store with the puppy
and he's acting disappointed (hubby, not the pup) and I'm telling him there will be other doxies.  We handed him over and my sister took him, then returned with his papers, handed him back to me and said "You're the new owner."  Dave said "Merry Christmas Honey."  And I've been wiping up pee and mopping the floor every
20 minutes since!

:dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awwwwwwww... what a sweet story, and what a wonderful surprise.  Congratulations to you, Deb.  And enjoy that sweet little one. He really was a cutie.

BOSCO is the name???

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic, Deb!!  Aren't you the lucky one . . . that's one sweet hubby!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

OHHHH Deb he is adorable ........ I knew you wouldn't beable to part with him

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Deb,

Arent you extra special.....I thought you'd end up keeping the little guy.....but now you gotta keep the big guy too.......Its amazing what happens to hubssies this time of year.....
You forgot to mention besides wi[ping up pee a065.gif      that you were wiping yur nose and dabbing your eyes evey 10 min.sad-smiley-021.gif

We all know the truth.....you little softikins you!  Merry Christmas, I am very happy for you!

xmas-smiley-037.gif

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

YAY!!! Merry Christmas!!  Wiping up pee from the puppy??? LOL j/k....  It will be a month or a couple until you dont have to wipe it up!  I am wiping up pee about once a week.... my male is "mature" now and is marking... he will be getting fixed by the end of the month or the new year... depends on when they can fit me in.. he needs to have a pre-op visit before the day when he departs with his "boys" LOL

Puppys are great, lots of work, lots of fun.. make sure to take pics! i cant believe how fast they grow! ENJOY!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Deb,

That's great!  What a great present!   bear_original   Bosco (is that his name?) is so cute, and it's great he has a nice home.  I'm also glad to know he's from a breeder and not a puppy mill.

Deb Upstate New York

Yup ~ Bosco is the name!  And he's sooo funny, and sweet (like the hub).

We have other dogs, and they're doing an excellent job training him!  We got tired of hearing him cry at night, so we put our oldest doggie (Shorty, pug/chihuahua mix) in the kitchen with him, and blocked the exits!  No more crying.

This area has a fairly significant Amish/Mennonite population.  The store my sis works at deals mostly with a lovely Mennonite man who breeds dogs and sells only to who he personally approves. 

Now if I get my new camera, I'm a happy girl ... I'm a happy girl anyway, but you know what I mean.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Glad you got the pup.  He was so cute in the pics.  Wiping up pee.  I was there with our puppy and she still has accidents every once in awhile.  4 months old now. 

But the neat thing that I have to tell you is that on one of the vet appts I was asking her about training.  She mentioned that someone had trained their dog to ring a bell everytime they wanted to go out.   Soooooooooo  I did it.  Every time I let Ginger out I rang the bell I hung by the back door and now she rings it when she wants to go out. 

How cool is that.  The first time she rang it my daughter and I were sitting at the kitchen table and I turned to her and asked what that noise was when I realised it was the bell.

Give it a try.

Jane

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Deb, I'm so happy you got to keep the puppy. What a sweet surprise from your husband!

Other dogs do make great potty trainers, don't they? Training our second dog was much easier. She just followed around our other dog, learning from him.

Jane...ringing a bell...that is cool!

Deb Upstate New York
Mo Beary wrote:

Every time I let Ginger out I rang the bell I hung by the back door and now she rings it when she wants to go out. 

How cool is that.

Pretty dang cool!  I'm gonna look for a bell!   bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Deb Congratulations!!!!!    :clap:

My neighbor told me that instead of a bell, he had one of those scales that talks when you step on it.... he doesn't use it himself LOL!  but he put it by the front door and taught his husky to step on it when he need to go out!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Some pretty clever tactics for a dog letting his owner know its time to go out  bear_thumb

:dance:  :hug: Deb I'm soooo happy for you!!!  He looks adorable...what a sweet hubby and a neat sister to work this out as a surprise  bear_wub

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Deb, sounds like you have a wonderful family!! Your hubby is Santa, isn't he??
Now I know why your son is a gentelman and very sweet! He's got great parents!
I bet your daughter is an angel too!  :hug:
Deb, I wish your whole family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
God bless your family!  :hug:  :pray:  :cake:

Many many huggs, Julia bear_tongue

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh you lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so jealous here!

Danni

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Yay!  I'm glad you got to keep the little guy, he's such a cutie.

What a neat Christmas surprise!  bear_original

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Deb,  He is soo sweet! I'm glad he is yours.  I have two and I adore them!!!!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Oh Lucky girl  bear_grin

Deb Upstate New York
Jennskains wrote:

Deb,  He is soo sweet! I'm glad he is yours.  I have two and I adore them!!!!

Jenn ~ Doxies? 

They're some kind of devil/angel thing aren't they?!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  Deb!

I'm so glad you got to keep Bosco! Give your DH a big  :hug:  from all of us. What a sweetie he is, to know that you couldn't bear to lose the pup.

Eileen

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Congrats Deb! When we got our dog 3 years ago, I had forg0tten how much work they are.....almost like having a baby in the house  bear_grin  bear_whistle  Ours was fairly easy to train, sepecially since we got the electric fence and his own doggie door!  bear_wub  Those 2 things are lifesavers for us (at least for me who is home all day with him) He loves going for walks and the cold and the snow......best place for him......... :dance:  Enjoy your new pup and all the challeges that come with him.
Ellen

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

ahhhhhhhhhh congrats Deb - I loveee the photo of your puppy - such "give me a cuddle eyes"  - have fun training her with a bell!

Hugs
Catherine

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

what a great way to get a dog. A really nice suprise!

My dog just sneezes when he wants out. Don't ask me how he learned that.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awww...how sweet is that!!!   Keep us posting on Bosco's antics...we love that stuff.  Sounds like your hubby is a sweetie-pie.

bear_wub

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a wonderful gift Deb! Also what a wonderful sister you have. I love your little puppy, he is absolutely beautiful!

Many Hugs Louise

Pages:

Board footer