Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Has anyone heard how the Chicagoland Teddy Bear Show went?  I'm so anxious to hear.
I hope that you that attended had a great show.
:hug:  Denise

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

bear_wub OH YES, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

karas bears Kara's Bears
Indiana

Hi Denise, I didn't participate, but my daughter and I did a quick walk through in the morning ( she had to get to work so we didn't have much time) It seemed to be pretty busy didn't get a chance to talk to many of the artists. many were too busy.I had never been to a bear show and since it was only about 50 minutes away from me had to go even with the time thing. I was in awe at all of the beautiful creatures. I could have looked at them for hours and hours. Wish I could have brought a few home!! I hope all of the artists did well.  bear_wub  Joy

Seattle
Website

Thank you for the update Kara.  It's so nice that you were able to go, even with the time limit : ) 
:hug:  :hug:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I understand that it was a good show, Steve enjoyed himself and had sales and there were lots of bears that found new homes.  Lots of artist and collectors were there, Steve had a great time catching up with people. Looking forward to next yrs show.

I'm sure Laura and Daphne have pics and will do an update soon, they must be exhausted with all the hard work that went into it.  It sounds like it was a success.  Looking forward already to next yr.

big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just got home from Chicago tonight and will try to get some pictures posted and a review too but I've also got to get sewing bears because I'm exhibiting at Hunt Valley, MD this coming Sunday and currently have NO BEARS finished to bring!!! (GULP!) Laura got some great pictures so we'll get 'em up soon!

If anyone else was there and took pictures please be sure to share them!! bear_original  :photo:

It really was a wonderful day... good turn out.... lots of smiling faces and lots of bears went off to new homes!! It was also wonderful to see friends both old and new and we even met collectors we've only known through online sales... it was great to have them at the show as well!! And we knew we had talented artists exhibiting but WOW! They really brought amazing work!

More to come.......
:hug:

Seattle
Website

Great job Daphne & Laura. It sounds like it was a great success  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be a a possition to attend next year.

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

The Chicagoland Teddy Bear Show was AWESOME ... it was the second show this year in which I participated.  The collectors were there shopping and enjoying the day ... the atmosphere, to me was fun and fellowship.... everyone had a smile on their face.

Thank you Daphne and Laura for all the hard work and the extra touches ...also ... many thanks to their immediate family members who contributed to the success of the show.

I  took only a few photos (was too busy enjoying the atmosphere and having a good time) which I will post to Face Book and put the link here.

Again, thank you Daphne and Laura ... please hold my spot for next year.

Hugs,

Wanda

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I second what Wanda said:  the Chicagoland Teddy Bear Show was AWESOME!!!  It was the very first show I've participated in, and I had the time of my life!  All went so smoothly and easily, and I know it was due to all the hard work of Daphne and Laura Lynn.  Thanks so much to both of you!!  You made what could have been a stressful experience for me an absolute joy instead! :hug:  :hug: I can hardly wait now til next year....this year's show went by way to fast!  The best part was meeting so many wonderful people, both artists and collectors.  And finally meeting a couple from the UK with whom I have become great friends with over the last few years, who came over for the show with a great vacation scheduled after.  Huge hugs to Andrea and Selwyn!! :hug:

I should have some pics to share, however, I gave the camera to the DH to take photos.  Sorry guys and gals....not a one of them is focused properly to give you a good view of anyone's table as he had utilized the zoom way too much.  Oops....Darren tried, he really did!

Board footer