Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

The other day a friend of us asked Malko to do a little repair on her laptop so she gave Malko a bag with her laptop inside so he could take it home.

He forgot the bag on the flour while working on the laptop and here is what happened :

DSC06330_1.JPG

She could not find more appropriate hiding place, could she?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I was thinking "Don't let the cat out of the bag !" :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Although "there isn't enough room in that bag to swing a cat !"  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

And "I wouldn't buy a cat in a bag !"  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Silly, I know, but as the wise Groucho Marx once said : "

He may look like an idiot and he may talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot."

Have a great weekend, everyone.  bear_flower

Hugs  :dance:

Peter

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Those yellow eyes are the only thing spoiling her secret!  bear_grin

Becky

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Probably your cat's favorite place to hang out!

Put a shopping bag on the floor your cat will probably find it in a short time.

I had a cat many years ago.  When it came time to go to the vet for his yearly checkup, the only way I could catch it was to leave a large knapsack on the floor and ignore it for a while.  Within a short time the cat would climb inside, curl up and take a nap.  When it was time to go, I'd sneak up and quickly zip the bag up with the cat inside.

He didn't seem to mind.  I guess he thought it was his personal clubhouse.

I took a couple of twist ties from empty bags of bread and used them to tie the zipper tabs together so there was an inch or two of space between so the cat could have an air hole.  I picked up the bag, carefully slung it over my shoulder and headed out.  I walked down the street and took the subway to the vet's office.  The cat didn't seem to mind being in the bag but every once in a while he'd poke his nose out, probably to see where he was.

The first time I went to the vet I let the cat out of the bag (literally) and apologized to the doctor for not having a cat carrier.  He shrugged and said, "If the cat doesn't mind, you don't need to buy a cat carrier."

So, from that day on, this became the default way I took the cat anywhere.  Just put him into the knapsack and carefully sling it over the shoulder.  Once in a while, he'd poke his nose out and say, "Meow."  Turns out this was a good way to meet girls!

Okay...  So, I had a cat for a wing man.   bear_cool

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:dance:  :dance: cute Sophie!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Purrrrfect!!!!!! bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Typical cat.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  bear_grin

sushi The Wild Things
Oer-Erkenschwick

Oh how cute. I know this "problem". When I packing parcels to post a bear and I go out of the room, I have to controll not to post also a cat with the bear.

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Mine always has to check out every shopping bag I bring home when we do the grocery shopping as if to say what did you bring me mum?  bear_grin She's a lovely old thing and Sophie I think you have a beautiful cat I'd love a black cat.  bear_wub

Raewyn

Us Bears Pennsylvania
sushi wrote:

When I packing parcels to post a bear and I go out of the room, I have to controll not to post also a cat with the bear.

That would be funny!   :D
Okay... not so funny if you actually did it but it's a funny thought!  Can you just imagine the look on somebody's face when they open up a box they just got in the mail and, "Meow!", out pops a cat?!
:crackup:

Does anybody else have cats with weird habits like this?....
One morning, I started having dreams that I was walking barefoot through a briar patch.  It was so real!  I really felt like I was walking through briars and I could really FEEL them poking my feet!  No matter where I walked, the briars seemed to follow!  This continued on for about three days and, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why I was having this recurring dream.

On the fourth day I finally figured it out:
First, I'm over six feet tall so always I sleep with my feet hanging out over the end of the bed.  Well, on that fourth day I finally woke up before the dream ended and I discovered the cat was sitting at the end of the bed swatting at my bare feet with his claws!  NO WONDER I thought I was being attacked by briars!  It was the CAT the whole time!

The cat was having a good-old time pawing at my feet.  Every time he clawed me, I would kick my feet.  He must have thought I was playing with him.   :doh:

After that, I tossed him out of the bedroom and closed the door.  No more weird dreams!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks for your comments, all of you!
These cat stories are too funny!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer