Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

noel-9-sm.jpgintroducing 'Noel' . . .my Bear Noel for 2009

he's 30" tall standing, made of dense 1" ivory mohair.  sculpted and shaved muzzle with trapunto leather paws and leather claws.  23" seated., rod-jointed with a complete neck and spine, elbow, wrist, knee & ankle joints.  his suit is made of 100-yr-old german mohair velvet, the jacket is trimmed on every edge with vintage ermine.  I used a hood instead of cap this time and lined the hood with the same rich red velvet so as to double-frame his face in red velvet and then the creamy white ermine. the jacket is lined in heavy cream satin and belted with a black leather belt with an antique carved mother-of-pearl buckle.  the pants are of the same mohair velvet, all exterior edges are trimmed with black leather, with drawstring at the knees and waist.  there is a tail opening for both sitting and standing positions, although being very heavy (about 20 lbs) Noel prefers to sit, and will nestle as comfortably in a lap as a 2-yr-old. his toy bag is made of brocade fabric from an antique piano shawl, trimmed with leather and the original fringe from the shawl.  he had a fun assortment of vintage and vintage look toys and ornaments.

noel_5_smaller.jpg

noel_4_smaller.jpg

noel_1_smaller.jpg

noel_3_smaller.jpg

noel_8_smaller.jpg

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Absolutely beautiful!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

He is absolutely wonderful!
Hugs,
Janice

NatalyTools NatalyTools
Kurgan, Russia
Website

:hug: incredibly attractive man! My heart is broken!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Stunning, amazing, gorgeous.............................just beautiful  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Bearytale Teddies Bearytale Teddies by Mireille Begijn
Belgium, Europe
Website

Amazing Kelly in one word !!!!!!!!!!

Bear Hugs from Belgium
Mireille

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Such a handsome Noel!   :clap:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU KELLY, FROM LITTLE OL' MOI IN THE UK! :dance:

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

BREATH TAKING X :hug:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

He's wonderful, looks ready to dive into all those toys and play!

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

Noel is Wonderful!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

WOW...I'm speechless...he is simply breathtaking!!!  WOW!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Your work is always amazing! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Cheryl

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Executed brilliantly.
Joanne

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, Kelly, what a gorgeous hunk of a Christmas teddy :  he really is magnificent and can sit on my lap any day !  bear_wub  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

He's wonderful!!! What an amazing Christmas Bear he is! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

NancyL123 Nancy's Menagerie
New York

This is such a handsome bear, but I am not surprised...I've come to expect the most beautiful from you. I am so happy we were able to get up to your studio last month and see some of your creations in person. I admire your talents and your generosity and willingness to share your knowledge. We left the shop discussing what a wonderful and extraordinary talented artist you are. bear_original

everythingcrafty Posts: 277

Absolutely beautiful, I also was able to see your work up close last month, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Noel is wonderful, I remember seeing his paw in the works when I was there.  Happy Holidays

Marian

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

Oh my!  What a handsome boy!  bear_wub
Diana

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Amazing, stunning, gorgeous, beautiful so many word to describe this masterpiece, I won't bore you. Kelly he is one beautiful bear and his Santa suit is stunning. You are a very talented artist and thanks so much for sharing Noel's pictures with us.

Have a wonderful Christmas and very happy new year.

Hugs, Jane.

Zhuvycia Meskis Bears
Lithuania, Elektrenai

I'm speachless... yesterday I've visit your website and just then I recognised that you are a MAN, not a woman bear_laugh  :crackup: Silly me, sorry  bear_innocent But it makes me much more wondering about your talent, you are my hero  :pray:

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

Kelly, you have outdone yourself again! Stunning polarbear!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
He look a bit tired, no wonder after having handing out all the christmas presents!
Gorgeous masterpiece!

hugs
Birgitta

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

He's absolutely gorgeous Kelly!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Happy Holidays my Friend. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

avateddy Posts: 1,361

Amazing !!!!!!!:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

Very sweet, so much detail and work has obliviously went into this piece, congrats! Hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: outstanding Hugs Lynne xxx

Board footer