Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

I wanted to share with those like me who may not be familiar with this wonderful realistic humorist...I was shopping and found some adorable dishes with her art and discovered her that way...and cookie jars based on her memorable bears.

Enjoy!  I did!

http://www.tippycanoetoo.com/wall-art/m … clees.html

Pat

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

I had a good chuckle over this because I just glanced at it at first and I thought it said "Marilyn MANSON's bear art". :crackup:   I thought that was a huge departure from what he normally does. bear_tongue   

I agree though, her pictures are wonderful.  I especially like "Long Winter's Evening".

Us Bears Pennsylvania

These are really neat!  bear_original

But there are bears taking a boat ride.  There are bears eating dinner.  There are bears shooting pool.  So, please tell me...  Where is the picture of bears playing cards?   bear_tongue  bear_whistle

Silliness aside, if they weren't so far out of my price range I'd buy one of them as a Christmas present for Melanie and the Bears.  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Us Bears wrote:

So, please tell me...  Where is the picture of bears playing cards?   bear_tongue  bear_whistle

:crackup: My thought exactly! (Sorry -- this painter does look skillful, and does have a way with bears, but there is a HUGE silliness factor.)

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nice artistry and great fun!  Reminds me a lot of the 'Dancing Bears' artwork.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Beautiful work!  I love the bears sitting at the table... although I wouldn't want to see that in my house!   bear_grin

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow
yummyheads wrote:

I had a good chuckle over this because I just glanced at it at first and I thought it said "Marilyn MANSON's bear art". :crackup:   I thought that was a huge departure from what he normally does. :P

:crackup: Me too!  phew, glad I wasn't the only one!

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I like the sleigh ride a very talented artist indeed (I had to have a double take on the name too  bear_tongue )

Raewyn

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

I found  a set of the dishes.  Four place settings, very nice for $150.00...they are simply wonderful!  I can just see the guests...simply laughing at each dish which sports a different bear pattern doing another outrageous thing...skiing, by the fireside, fly fishing, etc....just adorable.

Pat

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Our household china is Pfaltzgraff "Snow Bear."
http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/snow-bear-pl … lt,pd.html

Right after Thanksgiving, we switch out our "summer" dishes for the "winter" dishes with the Bears on them.

bear_original

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

I hear you bear_happy   Dishes are a weakness of mine (when I was younger it was hats).  So coming upon this set has me imagining it in my dark pine hutch...hmmmmm bear_rolleyes what do you think?  Bears and dishes! What would guests think?  :crackup:  What would husband think? bear_ermm "another set of dishes" bear_angry

Pat

http://www.sonomagifts.com/big-sky-mari … rware.html

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Remember, rotating your dishes helps them last longer because no one dish or set of dishes is subject to wear and tear all the time.  :)

We have four sets of dishes we use in rotation.
Pfaltzgraff "French Quarter" for summer and spring.
Pfaltzgraff "Snow Bear" for winter.
Noritake "Royal Hunt" for Thanksgiving dinner and some special occasions.
Finally, we have a set of J.G. Meakin "Sol" that we use for fancy occasions but we don't know the pattern name.  The records for a lot of Meakin patterns were lost when the company was sold to Wedgwood.

For holidays or special occasions there's nothing wrong with having Bears on your china. 
Besides, when you have a house that is literally full of Bears and you DON'T have Bears on, at least, some of your dishes, people will think something is wrong!  bear_laugh

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

I like the rotation theory.  May I quote you?  As an authority of course. bear_rolleyes

I do plan to acquire these but it is not like they are going to be 'inconspicuous'...usually men do not notice things of a 'decorative' nature.  But when one sits down to a bowl of soup and discovers having consumed it, the vision of a bear involved in downhill skiing at the bottom of the bowl...well, let's just say...I'll have some 'splain' to do.  bear_whistle bear_ermm

Pat

Us Bears Pennsylvania

We rotate the tires on a car to help them last longer.  We wear different pairs of shoes in rotation to help them last.  Men wear different suits and ties so they last longer.  Besides, it would be boring if people wore the same clothes every day.  Why would dishes be any different?

Mason's bear art is whimsical, yes, but it is fairly rustic in design.  Even though the bears are skiing, boating, eating dinner and all sorts of things, they are still fairly "manly" images.  There's no "foo-foo" in them at all.

If it doesn't break your budget, there's no reason why you couldn't have some bear dishes for special occasions.

Right???   bear_whistle

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I too thought it said Marilyn Manson!!  All I could think when I loooked at the pictures was Jigsaw puzzles!

Board footer