Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

The Great Bear Posts: 94

Hello everyone  bear_original  bear_original

I have not been active on here these last times, I have been very serious (yes it happens  bear_grin ).I am writing a book of the old french maker FADAP.

I have been far enough to find informations, but today, the ones I am looking for are not easy to get because they could be find in the U.S.A

In fact, in 1954, FADAP worked in collaboration with IDEAL TOY CORPORATION. FADAP made a range of bears and other animals with the American manufacturer technic called "Slush Molding".

FADAP also imported from the USA a wonderful artificial silk (rayon)  pink, yellow and blue colored. I guess, as FADAP was in contact with Ideal Toy Corporation, perhaps, there is a link to follow between Ideal and one of its artificial silk supplier.

I am looking for any information around this. I don't know if a book speaking of the Ideal story has been published, if so I may find some detail to hook up,  let me know where I can buy the book.

Any information are welcome, even the smallest, even the ones that could sound ridiculous, don't hesitate to let me know.

In advance big thank you for your help

Best Wishes

Eric

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Good luck with your search, Eric!

Oh, and please, keep one of your books for me when it is published! Of course, I will want it signed by you!!!!  bear_original

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow, Eric that sounds very interesting. Sorry I don't have any info for you, but I wish you good luck with the book. Now a serious Eric I can not get my head around.           

Have a wonderful Christmas Eric!  santasmile2.jpg

hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I have sent you a PM Eric with some information I found in the Teddy Bear Encyclopedia......

Ellen

lapousmor wrote:

Good luck with your search, Eric!

Oh, and please, keep one of your books for me when it is published! Of course, I will want it signed by you!!!!  bear_original

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Thank you Sophie. It should be ready by the end of 2010.

Bisous

Eric

doodlebears wrote:

Wow, Eric that sounds very interesting. Sorry I don't have any info for you, but I wish you good luck with the book. Now a serious Eric I can not get my head around.          

Have a wonderful Christmas Eric!  http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload/200812/santasmile2.jpg

hugs, Jane.  :rose:

bear_grin  bear_grin  By xmas time everything happens Jane even the most amazing things  bear_grin  bear_grin

In advance, Merry Xmas to youand yours

Sweet hugs

Eric

Board footer