Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

wachallenge2010web.jpgPlease meet my new design for my Pattern Range "Murphy".
In my hometown of Perth, Australia, we run a little competition annually where all entrants use the same pattern to create their own interpretation of the bear without changing the original design at all. I have been honoured to design the 2010 pattern, and if anyone is interested in taking part in our humble little event, please contact me to register your interest. Competition details have not been finalised yet, but I will post them on my Website and Blog as soon as they are available.
Thanks for looking bear_thumb
Best wishes to you all during the holiday season bear_flower

teeeej Brisbane

What gorgeous bears! This competition looks like a lot of fun. I will have to have a go this year. bear_laugh

---
Therese

Zhuvycia Meskis Bears
Lithuania, Elektrenai

I would like to enter, I realy do, may I?  bear_wub Maybe it could be an international competition then?

kynthia Posts: 140

Ooo.. it sounds interesting! how do we go about joining it?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

That does sound interesting.  Do you have to have been selling for a while to enter, or will a month and a half do?

Perth
Website

Hi guys, am waiting to hear back from the organiser, so will let you know ASAP.
All I know for now is that it's a "hands on" judged competition, so you will have to mail your entries to Australia.

Glasgow

Oh it's nice to let your bears see the world a bit  bear_original

bears by becca bears by becca
Perth
Website

Well done Kim,  I had heard thru the teddy tree grape vine that Murphy was as cute as cute could be  (and that was from Kerry so he must be cute)
Great work and I am proud your doing the pattern this year!
Bec

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Wonderful bear Kim..I'll be there...can't wait!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Perth
Website

Thanks guys bear_flower , well, still no official details yet, but I can tell you that you have a while yet to prepare as it is scheduled for around the middle of this year. As I've mentioned before, it will be a "hands on" judged competition and all entries will have to be mailed to Perth, Australia and you will be able to enter as a Novice, through to Professional.
I will post the contact information here and on my website when it is available, we are also hoping that it will be covered in an upcoming issue of Australian Bear Creations.

Zhuvycia Meskis Bears
Lithuania, Elektrenai

Very nice, I'm waiting unpatiently and maybe some of my friends will entry to bear_original

Im-bear Bears and Roses by Ina Smirnova
Vilnius
Website

Dear Kim, I would like to join too   bear_wub

Zhuvycia,
bear_thumb

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Oooooo! That DOES sound like fun!  I'm going to have to think about this!
Thanks for keeping us posted, Kim!
Cheryl

Zhuvycia Meskis Bears
Lithuania, Elektrenai
Im-bear wrote:

Dear Kim, I would like to join too   bear_wub

Zhuvycia,
:thumbsup:

Im-bear  bear_happy

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Love this pattern Kim - these bears are gorgeous!!!  Will keep my eye out for news on the comp ... let's hope Sandra is able to put something in an upcoming issue of the ABC mag.

Hugs
Marg  bear_original

Perth
Website

Hi guys, apologies for taking so long with this bear_whistle  but as far as I know the last details are being finalised, as adjustments needed to made to include international entries this year.
Please visit my Blog, www.russellbears.blogspot.com for an update and the official competition details are not too far away now.
If you have any questions, just ask, I will be happy to help bear_flower

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Love the funky colours - really lovely bears  :clap:

Hugs

Lisa x

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

This sounds like fun amd Murphy is a cutie! What great body language he has!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow the two bears look so different and it is such a cute pattern design. If it wasn't for the mailing part it would have been fun to participate. I hope you can show us pics of some of the entries!

Perth
Website

Thanks Lisa, Tami and Edie, I have made 5 Murphy's to date, all very different to look at too ( you can check them out on my Blog ).
I know sending them in is a pain in the backside, but I have learned so much from having my work physically critiqued that I would recommend it to anyone wanting constructive feedback.
My teacher is one of the judges and I will be helping out too, and yep it sure is gonna be fun to participate :dance: , can't wait!
I will definately be taking pics of all the entries and would love to share them with you bear_flower
I have the entry requirements now, so I will be posting them soon, on my website and blog.
Thanks to all you guys that have been patiently waiting...not too long now, I will let you all know here when it is ready to view bear_thumb

Perth
Website

The W.A Teddy Bear Challenge details are now up :dance:
Please visit http://www.russellbears.com/catalog.php?category=BLOG to view the competition details and www.russellbears.blogspot.com for some more "Murphy" pics.
Any questions, please ask, I will be happy to help bear_original

Glasgow

Ooh, very exciting!  I'll be contacting Jennie when I get home tomorrow.  I knew those dyes I bought today would come in handy  bear_whistle

Glasgow

Hi Kim, I contacted Jennie last week and didn't hear anything, was she the right person to e-mail?

Perth
Website

Hi Katy,
I will check on it today and let you know asap, she has been flat out down at the shop, but I will make sure that she has received your email bear_flower

Glasgow

Thanks, just wanted to make sure it was the right person, I can understand the run off your feet thing  bear_flower

Pages:

Board footer