Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi everyone!

I just had to post...we're getting a new puppy on Sunday!  We visited them last night bear_original  As some of you know, we lost our sweet Isis girl (a rescue whippet) to heart disease after a 2 1/2 year long battle.  She went out happy and running with her sisters... and quickly... this past summer.

Well, I thought... no more dogs, we have 4 now and that's enough.  HA!!!

We wandered into a pet store about a month ago and fell in love with a basset hound puppy they had there.  She was VERY cute.. and hubby had a Basset growing up.  We resisted though... didn't want to support the puppy mills.

But I started looking for local breeders and found one a few days ago who has VERY healthy Bassets!  We spent the evening last night at her place with proud momma & poppa, and the breeder who was just an awesome person... and then an hour with the TWELVE puppies!!  It was hard to pick just one I tell ya... but we already have 4 dogs at home  bear_grin

Here is a photo of all the pups...and after the little girl we choose.  I love the dark colors, but we really wanted a girl.  Out of 12 puppies there were only 3 girls.  All of them were called "lemon and white"
4187131271_e6a95ba605.jpg

4187893326_e7747edc81.jpg

4187131353_e8f1108234.jpg

4187893400_40c3a80fff.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub She's a beauty, Laura Lynn! Pure sweetness.

Becky

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Aww, how adorable are they!! I can't imagine a nicer way to spend an evening. I'm sure it was super tough to choose just one, I'd want to have them all.

You're in for a fun Christmas with your new little girl.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

bear_wub Oooh you just want to cuddle up with the whole bunch of them!  I love that puppy smell they have too.  She is absolutely adorable!!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Weee!  I am so excited for you!!!!  The little one you have chosen is beautiful, such a super little expression too!!  I should think you found it
extremely difficult having to tear yourself away from an hour with those little beauties and I would personally find it impossible to chose my new
friend from that lovely litter.  Can't wait to see more piccies of her as she is finding her feet and having fun!  Enjoy!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

She is adorable Laura Lynn!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Ohhhhhhhh!  She is SOOOO sweet! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Congratulations!
Cheryl

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

She's lovely, and such big blue eyes!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub what a sweetheart, lots of luck with the new puppy.  The litter of them all looks like a great bunch of pups.  So cute. Enjoy! :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, big congrats, Laura - what a fabulous little girl!  You're beginning to branch out in different breeds now with a basset and chihuahua, along with your whippets.  NICE Christmas present!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
What an adorable puppy you chose!

It looks like you are going to have a very exciting time once she arrives home...  bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

She is beautiful.  I agree with you on the dark colors, but this little girl is gorgeous.  She has a beautifully shaped head, with an intelligent look.  My guess is that this little girl is very trainable.  A real smarty.

puca bears puca bears

She is utterly adorable bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  how could anyone resit that appealing face! Lucky , LUCKY you - you are going to have such fun with her.........
huggies
Maria
who will also be expecting lots ofpiccies!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

They are adorable.  She is sooooooo cute and those adorable eyes!!!  Congrats!

I wish we could have another puppy.  We have 2 dogs and unfortunately in our town that is all we are allowed.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Oh Laura Lynn!!!
Merry Christmas!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
12 puppies all from the same mama dog?
That's a BIG litter!!!
Your little girl is a sweetie! I can see your dilemma though. I would of had a hard time picking just one too! bear_rolleyes

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  She is sooooooo cute I love hounds my beagle baby looked like that when he was little such darling little faces.

Raewyn

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh how exciting, love the puppies, puppy kisses are the sweetest kisses in town!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   Congrats!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Congrats on the new puppy Laura Lynn, she is adorable! I don't know how you were able to pick just one.

Hugs,

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

CONGRATULATIONS  to the new puppy! There is always room for one more!

Marion bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I'll never tire of seeing the photos Laura  bear_wub  bear_wub  Sounds just like my story with my dog, saw the breed in a pet store, and then had it in the back of my mind, one day I googled breeders and lo and behold, one lived 20 mins away who had just that night had a litter lol.  You will have sooo much fun, such an exciting time, enjoy!!   :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Aww thanks everyone!!! Yes, it was hard... but we knew we wanted a girl and there were only three girls.  That helped a lot LOL!!  We are lucky enough to live just out into the country bear_original 

Yep, I agree.. that was a huge litter!  The breeder always supplements the momma milk starting at 2 weeks.  There's no way these pups would have looked as good as they do unless she took all the time to do that  bear_thumb

We will certainly have an odd mix of breeds LOL!  Lean elegant whippets, a chihuahua & a basset hound LOL!

Murrieta, California

That's great Laura Lynn!
You found a good breeder indeed. bear_original
And you do have a mix of dogs!
When I had my pet shop I had 6 dogs at one time and I didn't live in the country but I did have a huge yard and I took them all to work with me everyday. bear_original
I had a Great Dane all the way down to a Chihuahua!!  bear_original

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

She's just gorgeous Laura Lynn.  bear_wub  bear_wub  Lucky you  bear_original  bear_original

Murrieta, California

Laura Lynn have you named her yet????????  bear_original

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Cyndee, I was going to ask that very question!  bear_original

Pages:

Board footer