Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

HI all happy new year!
Sorry I have been lurking a little bit - some wonderfull bears have been created recently so well done all!
I had to just log on and introduce you to George, our new guinea pig! He is quite a hunk isnt he? George is a very special little piggie because on monday he was found in a cardboard box outside of my husbands work... with no other bedding than sawdust and in freezing conditions! We were lucky enought to have an indoor cage from when our bunny was little and lived indoors so we could rehome George. The excuse given by the thoughtless ex-owners was that his cage was broken and they had no place to keep him! This aside his fur was matted at the back and has had to be cut so I dont think think this is the only reason for dumping him. George was given the all clear by the vet yesterday and other than shell shock seems to be settling in o.k. He is slowly getting used to us and I hope he will start to sing soon.  I just had to share this chunky little face with you all! I will post more pics when he has settled and has his long hair back again!
Love and luck with 2010's creations!
xxxx Julie xxxIMG_0524.JPG

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a handsome guy!  bear_wub

Pets are entirely at the mercy of their owners, aren't they? It sounds as if this piggy's luck has just changed for the better!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Becky

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

George is one lucky guinea pig to have found you and your husband.  He is adorable with his new haircut.   bear_wub

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub Hi George. I am glad you found yourself a proper loving home  bear_happy  What a sad story.

I love piggies even though I am allergic to them. we have two rare breed guinea pigs; Cedric and Sirius ( bear_wub anyone spot the theme?) They are called 'Teddies' and have wiry-ish stand up hair so they look fuzzy. Cedric looks like a Beatrix Potter guinea pig. Siri is the Black and Tan, Ceddy is the tri-colour.

8831_131318232206_569982206_2400586.jpg

Here's them when we got them as babies -

P5050010.jpg

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Julia, yours are very cute, Julie, what a sad start to that poor wee guy's life, glad he's got a nice warm loving home now

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Julie, what a sweet little guy! Thank you for taking him in and giving him a wonderful home  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Amazing what people will do. Poor animals are often dependent upon us and this is what happens. bear_cry
Thank goodness for you Julie! Any idea on about how old he is?
Julia I love your little guys too. Never seen any like them at the pet stores here. I really like Siri but I'm partial to black. Hence the black cats!
Don't you have chinchillas too?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good on you, Julie!!  You did a very good deed for an unfortunate little pig!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Yep, I have 2 Chinchillas; stitch and Lucky  bear_grin They live in my bedroom and like to prove just how nocturnal they are  bear_rolleyes  Piggies live outside most of the year.  Well remembered Cyndee!

We got the pigs from a lovely show breeder (who sadly has now given up due to being diagnosed with CFS/ME); they certainly aren';t anything you'd find in a pet shop here either, She used to breed Chinchillas and I nearly got my first from her but she gave up before I could. They are such happy social little boys.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Some people are just plain mean!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Julie that little piggie is so lucky to have been dropped at your husband's work doorstep!  Stupid people ;(  He's simply adorable  bear_wub   Julia your boys are adorable too!!  bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well I'm glad the little fella has a good home with you. You have a kind heart!  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

It's just like our parents told us when we were kids:  "If you want to have a pet you have to learn to take care of it.  If you're not going to take care of it, you can't have a pet."

It's such a lame excuse, too!  A guinea pig would be perfectly happy if kept in a cardboard box PROVIDED you kept it clean and gave him some nice bedding to keep warm in.  Surely you would only need to keep the guinea pig in his "temporary home" for a couple of days.

Just for argument's sake, let's just assume that the cage really is broken and the owner can't afford a new one.  It would not be very hard to find somebody to take care of it.  I'm sure there are a dozen people who would love to take care of a guinea pig.

Besides...  What's wrong with putting an ad in the newspaper?  "Guinea Pig:  Free to good home.  555-1234 Daytime.  Serious inquiries only."

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

HI All,
many thanks for your best wishes - just to let you know George is doing well! He has started to squeek a little bit so I'm taking that as a good sign!
Julia your boys are lovely... I love there names! George was called George because he was found in an Asda crisp box... for those who are not from the uk Asda is a supermarket who have a clothes ranges called George at Asda.... but to be honest he looks like a george!
Cyndee the vet couldnt really come up with an age but said she susspects he is around 1. I have a feeling he was possible a throw back from the film G force and some one realised normal piggies just arnt the same as animated spy piggies!
His story is a bit sad but at least he was in good condition, I feel sorry for the type of people who just dump animals - as we know there are always alternatives. This little guy is so sweet and well behaved I cant imagine anyone not wanting him - compared to our very odd cat Pixie, and Mi-Mi the queen of bunnies Im almost looking forward to when he starts to mis behave - its not normal for us to have a pet that actually doesnt drive us around the bend!
xxxxx hugs xxxxx
Julie

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Thank you for the extra info and the update Julie.
Sounds like all of Georges worries are over. All he has to do now is eat, sleep and be happy!!!!  bear_original

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  Glad to hear he's settling in Julie  bear_happy  I love piggy wheeks.

Board footer