Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Totally hooked now!  bear_grin

Lily has left the den. I could hear some soft voices and someone took a few flash photos of her. Then she came out and rubbed on or otherwise tried to move the webcam, but it's still there for now. I wonder if she wants her privacy...

Becky

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Ah, bless her little cotton socks.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub This is SO much better than TV!  I have just been watching some wonderful images of her directly facing the webcam, and I have to agree that it seems she certainly knows we are all watching her!  I wonder if the quiet whirling of the camera is distracting for her as she seems to "eye it up" every now and then!  It's nice to see her now finally looking as though she can relax and take a snooze even though she fidgets a lot.  I loved a special little moment when she seemed to put her paws over her eyes and push her lovely muzzle down into the fur between her paws to snuggle down .....  Beautiful. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Did you ever get any dinner, Marilyn? (I can't seem to pull myself away from the computer.)

Becky

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Just think how great it's going to be when she has the cubs!!
I wish we could name them!! Have a contest or something. bear_original
I also noticed Lily has a collar on her. Which I'm sure is to keep tract of her but when she was doing some moving around this morning I could clearly see it on her.
I'm already attached to this bear!!!  bear_wub
My husband is setting up a monitor in the kitchen for me!!!! bear_original

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Oooooooo!  A monitor!  Now THAT's the ticket, Cyndee!  I have to agree with everyone--this is SO much better than TV.  Although I have to admit that I've given up on all TV except for PBS. bear_happy

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Lily seems very restless today...perhaps cubs are coming soon???

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Lenora wrote:

Lily seems very restless today...perhaps cubs are coming soon???

I wondered the same thing. Last night, I could barely detect her breathing. Today has been quite a different story.

Becky

Murrieta, California

I wonder if they will post anything if they think she is getting ready?
I hope so. bear_original

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I just got my first look at her today!  Fascinating!  Thank you for posting the link Maria!  :hug:  I didn't get to watch for very long, but she moved quite a bit in the short time I watched.

Murrieta, California

Are any of you following her on Face Book?
The thread says that doctor Lynn Rodgers is on his way to the den. That was about 4 hours ago. Then it says Lily may come out. About 3 hours ago it says no one is at the den but she appears to be arranging her bedding. It doesn't say if this might be because she is getting ready. Nor does it say why the doctor was going to go to the den. It also says this will be the world's first time opportunity to see a live bear birth!
Boy I hope the camera doesn't crash when she goes into labor!!!

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I'm so jealous! I've tried to get a peek but I don't think my Satelite Broadband is going to let me. It just freezes  bear_sad

Murrieta, California

Linda can you get on Face Book?
She's live on Face Book too. bear_original

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Becky,

Did you ever get any dinner, Marilyn? (I can't seem to pull myself away from the computer.)

Becky

Yes, I eventually tore myself away from my monitor and I have to admit that preparing the dinner was bit of a hurried
affair!!  Ha!  Still, it meant I could return to my own "hibernation post" all the sooner!  I enjoyed watching some beautiful
footage of Lily last night so it was totally worthwhile.

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

I was all set for a much-needed early night.......but thought I'd have just one more peek - SILLY ME! I got there in time to read that Dr Rogers was on his way to the den to adjust the camera - and that was me glued to the screen for the next hour or so!
I've checked a few times this morning, and other than the fact that she seems to have further adjusted the camera(!) - it certainly doesn't look to be in quite the same position - she hasn't stirred - sleeping off all yesterday's excitement?
huggies
Maria

Missouri
Website

What happened to Lily?  I just get error messages when I try to log on????

Murrieta, California
Missouri
Website

Oh thanks...that worked fine.

Murrieta, California

Oh good. And you can join in on the talks if you like.
I'm HerbiesMom. bear_original bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I checked on Lily several times yesterday/today and she's always asleep.  Anybody else see her moving lately?

Missouri
Website

I checked her just a moment ago and she was moving around quite  a bit.  She groomed herself and was laying on her back with her feet up for awhile.  Then she turned on her side and went to sleep.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Sue Ann wrote:

I checked on Lily several times yesterday/today and she's always asleep.  Anybody else see her moving lately?

She has been snoozing pretty comfortably the last couple of days, but some clever people on the Facebook page have posted screen capture shots and even video footage from when she's been awake. (Today I was fortunate to check on her just as she decided to give the webcam a good sniff and a lick. What a thrill!)

Becky

Murrieta, California

I don't know about the Face Book images not being legit but I'm monitoring both sites and this morning around 6am PST she was moving a lot. Scratching herself, cleaning her private area quite a bit and was looking in the camera a lot. It was nice to see her wake.
Hopefully someone from Teddy Talk will get to see her give birth. bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Has everybody seen the new Utube video from today?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6TMizJCZk

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I had a look at both and the You Tube picture is much clearer she is washing herself and checking the camera I could see her clearly. On the facebook link the picture is too dark I can't tell if it's her tip or tail I'm looking at. Isn't it exciting the gorgeous thing I can't wait to see her babies. I joined as fan #16107 on facebook hope she's not shy when the time comes  bear_original I'm on holidays so I'll be checking often.

puca bears puca bears

I was lucky enough to catch her awake for prolonged periods twice yesterday evening.........and it is IMPOSSIBLE to tear yourself away from watching, isn't it? Fascinating to watch her pulling lots more vegetation into the den, then sorting thru it - looks as if she is searching for little snacks? And I had to laugh when she was lying on her back and started grooming her chest with a front paw, while a back paw started going thru scratching motions - my dog does just the same when I find her ticklish spot on her chest.
And it's amazing how the number of viewers is rocketing up - on Sunday morning there were about 70 - and last night it was around five and a half THOUSAND - Lily has become a real STAR - wonder which manufacturer will come up with the first Lily bear?
Off to do some much needed chores.........
huggies
Maria

Board footer