Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ok, I hadn't opened this thread... try to keep my internet time limited... but I had to see what was worth 4 pages of discussion. bear_tongue

She's sleeping... every time I've looked she's sleeping.... I want to reach through my laptop screen and tickle her or something. Actually, watching her slow breathing is making me sleepy!

We have a black bear den out in the woods about 1000 feet back from the house. I honestly don't know if anyone is inhabitating it this winter but it's fun to imagine a mama bear is in there getting ready to give birth too!!!

Happy Birthday, Lily! Nap time is over.... wake up! Please!!??

So much for limiting my internet time. :crackup:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

If you go now to the site Daphne she is outside of her den.
So she might be up and about for a few minutes. bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm there... and the feed stopped... over 5000 viewers on there..... maybe that's why?
Now it's working again. :dance:

Murrieta, California

Daphne if your not on pix try it. I haven't had a single problem since I switched over. :)
http://www.pixcontroller.com/WebCam/BearDenWebCam.htm

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

i wasn't... this is much better, thanks!
Got the laptop, on the dining room table and we're going to sit here and eat dinner while watching Lily!  bear_original

Murrieta, California

Good!:)
I'm watching on my laptop in the family room. However I have sewing class tonight at 5:30. I sure hope she waits until I get home to have her cubs! bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, the people discussing Lily on her Facebook page are a riot... apparently the branch currently blocking the view has been given a name! And they've created an imaginary family of other critters to keep her company.
Sigh.......... See why I was trying to limit my internet time? LOL!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/page … 498?ref=nf

Murrieta, California

That's at least good clean fun!!
On the live chat they fight, swear, call each other names and I guess one guy was so drunk he said terrible things to others that where not even talking to him! And the morning regulars talk about the evening regulars. I have never been on a live chat before and I'm not now but I do watch what they say for updates on Lily. I've never seen anything like it!!! bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Here's a link to the latest: T-shirt news and an update from Dr. Rogers  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lily-the- … 3106554477

Becky

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lily is really getting restless... really restless. I was watching earlier and she had her side facing the camera... there seemed to be a lot of activity in her belly though I know the cubs are only tiny things so not sure what to think. But right now she's incredibly restless, head is out of the den hole while the rest of her is stretched out inside. Have those babies, Lily! You can do it!

Murrieta, California

Thanks Becky for the link.
It does seem she is in labor? You think Daphne?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I think so. This activity is different from any other I've seen.

Becky

Murrieta, California

Me too. I haven't seen her behave this way as of yet.
Too bad she didn't have them on her birthday. :)
I was born on my Mothers birthday but I bet Lily could care less!  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I really think so - or it's going to happen soon. I'm following the discussion on FB where Lynn is posting about her straining and flexing muscles in neck and head... she seems to be resting more at the moment... contractions? Should I be timing them? lol

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I had no idea that the top of a bear's head moves so much... What kind of jointing would we need to do to replicate that?  :crackup:

Becky

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

look how much just the end of her nose wiggles! no way we can make a bear that does that!!! loc-line? :crackup:

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub It is 3:45 EST and Lily just left her den, at least I got to see her face for a change, she was licking and licking and then got up and left.
thats all folks!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

she's back, she's fluffed her bedding and is now just very restless again.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

O.K.  I am now officially hooked on watching Lily too.  Been watching for almost 2  hours while sewing !  She seems very uncomfortable , something must be happening :)

Have any of you seen this comedians cute/funny video of black bear cubs  . It is worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz4iXyIYvgk

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Yes, I'm hooked too.  I felt quite tense earlier this evening when it seemed things were starting to happen, the poor love was so very restless
and I found myself getting all tearful!   bear_cry  bear_cry Her head was towards the camera and it just looked as though she didn't know what to do with herself
at one stage.  There were over 8,000 other viewers too at that stage, but Lily had the last laugh by going back to sleep!  Whether it's just a lull in proceedings, no-one will know for sure, only Lily!

Bless her little cotton socks. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

The question is, will I get any sleep tonight!!!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Aaarrrghhh!  I'm still sitting here (2 hours since my last post) with the intention of staying up all night to see Lily's cubs being born but the whole system has just crashed!!! bear_angry

No-one can see the lovely Lily at the moment so there are lots of really upset people on Facebook who have been eagerly awaiting this wonderful day.  Think the fact it has just been broadcast on the news and sent loads more people to the site has caused it to crash.  Maybe I will get sleep tonight after all.

But she is such a wonderful bear, I have watched her a lot this past week, she's spell binding.  I just hope and pray that our dear Lily has a trouble free labour and becomes a proud mum to some gorgeous little cubs.
Sending love and a big hug to Lily xxx bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs to all Lily followers.

Marilyn

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Watching Lily in pain was a bit "unbearable." I'll stay away for a while and hope the load on the servers lets up.  :pray:

Becky

Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Becky,

Yes, it was such a pity.

But the best thing to do is actually log off.  That is what they are  asking people to do, as there was such an overload to the system when Lily was unfortunately mentioned on ABC, everyone went mad and the sudden surge sent everything crashing.

Apparently even the researchers can't get their live feed, so we need to completely log off to help them "recover" the situation.

As long as Lily is doing alright, that is all that matters.  If the researchers can get their system up and working again, plus the feed, we will still hopefully be able to witness Lily giving birth.  It might not be in "real time", but does that really matter at the end of the day?   Just witnessing this sort of event at any time is wonderful no matter when it happened.

Sweet dreams!

Hugs

Marilyn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoa . . . our Lily seems to be in intense labor at the moment.  Push, Lily, push.  18,000 + viewers!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

12:39 Eastern - Lily Gave Birth!!!! The sound of that little one is soooooo sweet!!! Yay!!! Just one I think.... so far!

Board footer