Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hello Teddy Bear Friends: I have seen so many cute bears and other critters with antennas. I wonder if somebody can give tips on how you attach them so they don't pull out?

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I usually use wire for my antennae. What I like to is use just one piece of wire for the antennae. I use an awl to poke a holes where the antennae will go in and come out of the fabric and thread it through one hole, go under the fabric with the wire and thread it back out the second hole. this can be quite tricky at times! I have on occasion threaded the wire onto a very wide eyed needle to help pull it through. As long as the wire fits through the eye of the needle this works much easier than trying to get that wire to go where you want it by just blindly trying to poke it through. the problem with using a needle though is that you need to be careful when pulling it through the holes as  the wire is much wider where you have it threaded onto the needle. You don't want it to tear the fabric. But once you have the wire threaded in and out through both holes, you can bend and curl it any way you'd like. I then put a small dab of glue into each hole to hold the antennae in place.
Hope this helps!
Beth

Thanks Beth. Good ideas. I always wondered how to put them in without pulling out. So the answer is glue?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Yep, I use glue.  I used to use one piece of wire... but then they'd wobble back and forth for me.  I use 2 pieces, use an awl, put a drop of glue in and then insert the wire.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Michelle,
I saw your post today and decided to answer although it over a week old.  When I make my wire antennae, I create a loop in the bottom.  I attach each antenna, using the loop, just as I would an eye.  I also do this for fairy wings. 

Hugs,
Alison

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Alison what a great way to do that!  Thanks  bear_flower

Alison: thank you. I would never have thought of that!

Larua Lynn: Thank you for the tip.

Board footer