Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Everyone!

I know I haven't been on here a lot lately.. that new puppy sure takes a lot of time  bear_wub

I had been thinking a lot about the 2 US teddy bear magazines.  I receive both of them, but I was interested to hear about everyone else.  I have set up a poll if you have a quick second to voice your preferences.  It's a private poll, no one will know who says what  bear_smile   http://teddiesbylauralynn.com/BLOG-PIX/ … php?s_id=2

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I get them both too.  If we don't support these magazines we will lose them for sure.  Not everyone gets on the computer looking for bears and shows.  In fact many of my customers tell me they don't even do email, that is why I have to mail out flyers.  They usually know about the shows from the magazines though.  I have been harping on people to sign up for them for ages.  I am shocked at the number of bear artists who don't get the magazines at all.  How are they supposed to keep going if the same people who make a living or hobby of selling bears don't get them!!! :doh:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Susie I hear ya!!!! bear_original
I'm amazed at how many don't support the magazines either. I hear all the time that they don't get enough business from the magazines. Sad really but I don't think it's the magazines as much as it's the hard times we all are having.
I'm a collector and I subscribe to them all. Even the ones from the UK. I'm not wealthy by any means and the over seas ones are costly but like you said if we don't support them we will lose them for sure!
And I would hate to see that. bear_cry

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

I agree...I love all the mags and as collector I love to collect the mags too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_tongue

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Yep, I get ebooks now so I have room to store my teddy magazines  :crackup:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I get both of the magazines as well and look forward to receiving them. Now that there are no teddy bear shows anywhere near me anymore these magazines are my main link to what is going on in the teddy bear world - would hate to lose them!

karenaus Melbourne
Website

.. and remember, you can subscribe to e-versions of some magazines now if you don't want to pay hefty postage charges (and still get them two months later lol)
    *not complaining that the publishers are ripping us off on postage there, just that it's expensive to post magazines;)

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I wonder if there are magazines that I could subscribe to from Australia.  There was one I looked at in the UK but they wouldn't let out of country people subscribe.  Or at least that was my understanding.  Anyone got any ideas on the ones that we can get here in the U.S.?  I get both the U.S. Magazines already...  I'd be interested.  I get one in paper from the UK but it is really expensive!!!

HI Cyndee!  I see your website is under construction...so's mine!  I'll be happy to get my husbands computer on line so I can get one that I don't have to share again!!!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I get both USA magazines too Susie.  :)
If you go to Amazon you will see the ones from the UK and Australia. However the shipping is insanely high!!
I didn't even know my husband put my web info up here!! Gees!!! :redface:

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

MY boyfriend bought me a two year subscription to one of our bear magazines he in Australia. He already new I loved them and I have been buying them on and off for years now. Sometimes it nice just to sit down and flip throught pages and not have to worry about trying to remember what site and where I've saved things.

karenaus Melbourne
Website
SillySu wrote:

I wonder if there are magazines that I could subscribe to from Australia.  There was one I looked at in the UK but they wouldn't let out of country people subscribe.  Or at least that was my understanding.  Anyone got any ideas on the ones that we can get here in the U.S.?  I get both the U.S. Magazines already...  I'd be interested.  I get one in paper from the UK but it is really expensive!!!

HI Cyndee!  I see your website is under construction...so's mine!  I'll be happy to get my husbands computer on line so I can get one that I don't have to share again!!!

I subscribed to the UK magazine Teddybear Times just  yesterday, they most definitely send overseas- plus they have the cheaper e-magazine too:)

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

I love getting the 2 U.S. magazines.  Everyone in the house takes notice when they arrive in the mail--it's a happy day!  I don't subscribe to any of the other magazine, but am considering it.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I try to get as many as I can.  Nothing like coming home after a long day at work and sit down with a good bear book, I love it. I love looking at all the wonderful bears and the ones who make them and seeing people from TT makes them seem like I am visiting my friends.  Where would we be without the bear magazines. :clap:

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

It's not just a matter of subscribing to or purchasing these magazines, they need artists to ADVERTISE in them too.

We are all so keen to take advantage of the FREE coverage they give us in magazine articles and features, but less keen to part with advertising dollars.

I'm not saying you should advertise in every magazine as it would become very expensive, but if each artist would choose to support just one magazine by taking out a year of advertising it would certainly help keep these magazines afloat.

I proudly support two magazines with advertising.

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I signed up for the Teddy Bear Times magazine right after this post started.  Yep, it cost me a bundle.  Then I signed up again this year but got it for less money by going directly to the publisher this time.  Last time was through Amazon.com and it was ridiculously expensive.  Anyway, I need to try emags but I just dont have time to sit in front of the computer.   I did start doing a bit of advertising too.  I rarely have bears enough to do that with and not because I sell so many, but because I make so few.  I need them for the shows I attend.  I hope this thread starts up again because I'd like to think more people will support the magazines.  They are having a difficult time with the economy the way it is, just like everyone else.

Nikki79 Old Country Bears
Los Angeles, California

Hi Guys,

Please can someone tell me what the 2 main US teddy bear magazines are? I have just started a small ad campaign in the UK mags and really need to start with the US now.  Thanks.  bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Teddy Bear Review   www.teddybearreview.com

Teddy Bear and Friends    www.teddybearandfriends.com

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I'm still getting Teddy Bear Times and it's a great magazine.  I advertised in Teddy Bear Review several times this year and I have advertised in Teddy Bear and Friends in the past.  I only do this part time so I can't afford to do it much more than that or all the money I make in bears goes out to advertising.  But I do what I can!  I love getting every issue. bear_original

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

I subscribe to both US magazines and also Bears & Buds (online mag) and Australian Bear Creations, and the latter I have supported with advertising.

Can't get enough of teddy mags!!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub

Wish they were thicker though  bear_ermm  bear_ermm 

Hugs,
Marg  bear_original

Nikki79 Old Country Bears
Los Angeles, California

Thank you guys for all your input.  I will look into those magazines asap. I must say I read (and advertise in) the UK mags, Teddy Bear Times and Teddy Bear Annual.  Both are excellent, onwards to the US editions bear_original !

Board footer