Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

AvailAmantius.JPG

This is my third rabbit and I'm really chuffed with him.  I've been working on him for what seems like ages, but he's worth it I think.

I still need to improve my techinque of imbedding the ear wires into the head to make the ears more robust, but I seem to get better with each one I do.

His name is Latin for 'loving'.

Hugs,

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Heh, fabulous, love how you've done the ears, and the big bunny feet

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Hi Sarah

He is beautiful.  Perfect little bunny.  How have you been putting the wire into the ears.  I made a bunny a few months ago and I just ran two wires through the neck joint.  I guess you coule probably make a loop in the middle and run it as one wire with an ear on each end.  I have heard that some people just put one through the very top of the head and twist the ears to keep them standing.  I'm not crazy with the last choice as the ears need to stay twisted or the fall funny.

But he really is sweet.  Worth every second you put into him.

Hugs

Amber

South Wales

Hi Katy,

Thank you so much  bear_original

rowarrior wrote:

Heh, fabulous, love how you've done the ears, and the big bunny feet

Hi Amber, thank you for your compliments.

I loop a long piece of wire and then shape it similar the the rabbit ear, insert the wire into the ears leaving two prongs sticking out the end, either side of the ear (I hope this is making sense), which I then stick into the head.  Having the two prongs makes it a bit more robust and then I stitch the ears on as usual.  It is quite fiddly and it took me a whole evening to do this rabbit's ears, but I like that you can shape them and change the attitude of the rabbit.

If this doesn't make sense I could maybe draw it and email you...

amber wrote:

Hi Sarah

He is beautiful.  Perfect little bunny.  How have you been putting the wire into the ears.  I made a bunny a few months ago and I just ran two wires through the neck joint.  I guess you coule probably make a loop in the middle and run it as one wire with an ear on each end.  I have heard that some people just put one through the very top of the head and twist the ears to keep them standing.  I'm not crazy with the last choice as the ears need to stay twisted or the fall funny.

But he really is sweet.  Worth every second you put into him.

Hugs

Amber

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

What an adorable rabbit  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

South Wales

Hi Lesley,

Thank you!  I just been looking at your website and your bears are lovely too, so cute!

I was surprised to see that you are living in East Neuk and I didn't know that there was a fellow bear maker nearby when we were living in Fife.  We moved down to South Wales end of September last year when my husband had to move with work.  We really loved living up there.

Off The Paw wrote:

What an adorable rabbit  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

Hi Sarah Thankyou   :hug:  I've just sent you a PM

Board footer