Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here or done much sewing lately. This is why:

In November we had a new addition to our house, Shadow, a German Shepherd puppy.

This is the day we brought him home (7 weeks old).
010.JPG

This is him at the beginning of January.
100.JPG

He is now 4 months old and unfortunately his front left arm wasn't growing properly and he had an operation to correct it last Thursday.
This is him with his big purple bandage.
017.JPG
He doesn't seem to mind the bandage on his arm unless he knocks it, but he doesn't like the big collar.

He is back at the vets for a check up tomorrow, fingers crossed it has started to get better.

Hope you like him.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes . . . what's not to like about a cute puppy?!   bear_wub bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Hope his problem is now corrected.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Aaaawww bless him! I love German Shepherd puppies, especially when they get that flop ear look as they grow!  bear_wub  bear_wub

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he looks so dejected in the bottom one!  Hope the op sorted him all out

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Kat, he's gorgeous.... bear_wub
Hope everything's sorted out for him now?
Julia x

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

He's a very handome pup  bear_wub hope he's soon running around again!  :dance:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

He is lovely Kat poor baby having that big bandage on hope he is soon running around again doing what puppies love to do.

Raewyn

Rinn Posts: 22

He looks like such a Sweetie!  I hope that the operation has done its job and he never has to go through anything like that EVER AGAIN.  Why do bad things happen to good dogs?

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

He is gorgeous!  German shepherds are one of my favorite breeds.  I could not ask for a more loyal dog than my shepherd, Andre.  He was always sure to keep me in his sight.  You are really in for a treat with this guy.  Enjoy.

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

Thanks everyone!

I'll let you know what happens with his leg.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Kat he is adorable!!!!  I'm so sorry about his leg and agree... hope the operation has done its job!  I just LOVE GSD's!!!  Got our first one when I was 16  bear_wub

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What a sweet baby.  I do hope he gets better.  He looks so sad in the collar, cry...
Joanne

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

What a cutie pie!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub I hope his arm heals so he can grow into a big healthy boy!  :hug:

sylvia bjb blue jean bears
Website

Aww...he's beautiful!! I hope his leg heals fast so he can play again very soon. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:  :hug:

TBReditor Teddy Bear Review
Iola, WI

Awww what a little sweetheart! Does he mind the cast much? One of our dogs had one after he was attacked at the shelter (we adopted him right after the incident). Luckily, it didn't phase him at all! Here he is right after we brought him home:
n103301021_30675468_4867038.jpg

Playing King of the Snow Pile (with a cast cover made of snowboarding socks  bear_original :
n103301021_30675469_2695178.jpg

And two years later, being a Snoopy wannabe on the home-built doghouse:
n103301021_30675476_4142533.jpg

Shadow is soooo adorable--hope his check up goes/went well!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Awww, what a beautiful little puppy (and Snoopy wannabe, too!!) I hope the operation helped and he'll be able to get that collar off soon!   Photos of both dogs are beautiful!   Thanks for sharing  bear_original
Hugs,
Janice

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Both of these Dog are beautiful! Please keep us updated on Shadows leg! Hope everything goes well.  :hug:

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

I love the Snoopy wannabe.

Shadow's appointment at the vets went well yesterday. They are very happy with his progress, and they removed the bandage. The downside is that he constantly had to have the collar on, and he's not too happy about it.

The swelling has almost gone.

He is going for the stitches taking out on Monday.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww Kat he is gorgeous, I remember you telling me about your plan to get him at Hove, so sweet

Pauline

puca bears puca bears

What a lovely puppy bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  - it's a shame he had to go thru an operation, but sounds like it's OK now..............
happy days ahead!!
huggies
Maria
and the  "Snoopy wannabe"  :crackup:  looks gorgeous too - poor chap. getting attacked at the rescue!  Looks like they made quite a mess of him - but it's all behind him now, ad he certainly looks a happy beautiful boy.

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

Just to let you all know, Shadow is feeling a lot better now.

His stitches came out on Monday, and he starts hydrotherapy tomorrow night. I will take a few photo's.

We don't know if he will need anymore operations yet, it all depends on how his bones grow from now on.

TBReditor Teddy Bear Review
Iola, WI

That's great that he's feeling better! Let's hope his surgeries are over!  bear_original

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

What a sweetheart.  So glad his leg is improving.  Don't they hate wearing those "elizabethan" collars.

Board footer