Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

guadalupe.Oro.small.jpgGuadalupe-small.jpgI have been playing with the dolls again, so much fun.

Guadalupe lives in the northern Arizona forests, she is such a kind gentle bear the forest gnomes, elves, trolls and fairies have named her Babysitter.  She is pictured with Oro a little gnome girl.  They have been making flower chains for Guadalupe to wear on her neck. 

She is a large bear for me 13-1/2"  made of mohair.  New nose technique for me, no wax.  The nose is still felted but layers and layers of ModPodge, then I shaped it with a Dremmel, really worked out well.  Mohair is rooted over felted muzzle.   Oro 5" hand sculpted of polymer,  wired cloth body.

Joanne

Information on their reserve is on my website.

Here is their auction link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ooak-mohair-artist- … 53dfb21657

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Joanne,

Both are stunning! :dance:  :dance:
I’ll be keeping an eye on your ebay auction. bear_thumb

Love Kayx bear_wub  bear_wub

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Joanne,

I don't know where to start gushing...I'm still struggling, as you know with trying to sculpt a nose...and would you look at that doll's face!   

I loved your waxed felted noses, but having been down that road myself, this is probably not only 'safer' but I think, worked out wonderfully.   

And if I confuse Babysitter with Oro, it may because of that fabulous mohair.  What a gorgeous bearsuit.  She exudes gentleness...as do all your bears. 

Another triumph. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pat

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

Gorgeous!!!!  I love them both!!  bear_wub  bear_wub   Well done!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:hug:
*Jeannette

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

What a beautiful pair.   :clap:

Bear Hearts Bear Hearts
Las Vegas, Nevada

Wow Joanne!  These two are extraordinary.  They both have the sweetest faces.  I always admire they way you do your bear paws.

bear_wub
Robert

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Head over heels in love! (apropos for Valentine's Day  bear_whistle )

Becky

Bloomsburg, PA

Thank you all for your comments.  You are such wonderful people who really make me feel great.
Joanne

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Joanne

Fabulous work they are stunning! :clap:  :clap:

Raewyn

artbyrjandreae artbyrjandreae
Johannesburg, California

bear_wub (love)  her!  The nose looks perfect. You're so innovative, Joanne. The dolly is great, too. They make a fantastic pair.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_thumb

karas bears Kara's Bears
Indiana

I envy your talent Joanne, they are both beautiful!!

Citico Ridge Bears Citico Ridge Bears
Michigan
Website

AWWW  Guadalupe is a sure keeper! she is amazing! love your bears!!!!!! bear_wub

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

I loooove them, they are amazing, off to check them out more! Hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Zhuvycia Meskis Bears
Lithuania, Elektrenai

Joanne, I adore you bears, they are always sooo beutiful and professionell  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

What a fabulous bear - I love her  bear_wub

Hugs

Lisa x

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Aw!  What can I say?  You know I love your work.  Your new nose technique has worked beautifully.  Guadalupe has the lovely sweet expression you get on all your bears. 

Hugs

Sue

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

She is absolutely stunning :clap:  :clap: her face is just beautiful, I love your bears bear_wub

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

I am SUCH a FAN of yours, Joanne!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: You ALWAYS amaze me!!  These two are stunningly PERFECT! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

You are such an amazing artist!  I love this set.

Hugs,
Alison

Bloomsburg, PA

Thanks guys, you are all so nice to me!
Joanne

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Joanne, I stand corrected !  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

When you posted a little bit about this couple on facebook, I commented that I loved the bear, but wasn't really keen on the doll ?   You were absolutely right : they make a delightful couple together  bear_wub   And the story behind it is so endearing : I can just imagine the enchanted forest with the gnomes and trolls, all wanting to be cuddled by the babysitter.   bear_flower   Absolutely wonderful !   bear_thumb

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

shes gorgeous, what a face and that muzzle is just perfect x

Bearytale Teddies Bearytale Teddies by Mireille Begijn
Belgium, Europe
Website

Hi Joanne,
What a great bear, beautiful !!!!!!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Bear hugs
Mireille

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a great couple, love all of Guadaloupe's flowers, and that nose is amazing

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Oro is just wonderful. His face is so beautiful & realistic  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Great job.
:hug:  Denise

Board footer