Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Karon Posts: 751

Last Thursday I went to my local library to go on TT - a sign came up on the computer to say "Unable to view.  There may be material which would be unsuitable for public viewing" or words to that effect!!!!

I marched over the help desk and informed them that I had been accessing this Forum for FOUR YEARS - I also said that there was nothing sordid and "unsuitable" on it.

Anyway, obviously it now back back on - but how STUPID.

Karon.

PS The mind boggles over the what would be "unsuitable" on a Forum like this.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

There would be 'key' words which would alert a computer program. This would temporarily block a site until human intervention. ....... as you found out.
Some times we have to put up with some inconvenience for the great social good. ( you know what a Teddy is in the gay world?)....lol
Wendy

Hi Wendy

No I didn't know there was some reference to the gay community in the word "Teddy" - I am obviously more innocent than I have thought!!!  It does explain the reason to me though, so thanks for informing me.

Karon

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Karon, I thought they had banned the TT site, because it is VERY ADDICTIVE  :crackup:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

It's all the fluff on here  bear_laugh

Peter,

I like your answer!  I think they restored TT because it IS addictive - the library charge £1.00 per half an hour.  I hate to think how much I give them over a month!!!

Karon

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

well it could be that some of the bears are posing nude, or perhaps lemonwolf bears and kellydean are always posting butt shots???!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :clap: I am cracking my self up here!!lol

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

lol - I am having real problems with my spellcheck - it keeps wanting to change 'bear' to 'bare' not good!    :crackup:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Maybe you've been laughing too loudly at some of the stuff on here! 
and disturbing the QUIET of the library!    bear_grin   :crackup:

You could be right Edie I do laugh outright sometimes!!

Furgotten Bears Furgotten Bears

I remember years ago, a friend had real problems with her website, I forget what the site was now but when you searched for her you were faced by some big hairy men bear_shocked  lol.  It took her a long time to sort it out.  It is much easier to filter these things today, even the likes of google offer different levels of 'moderation' which is good as a backup to the settings on your computer.

Darren bear_original

Board footer