Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

ATT-2-4FF7413C7A6D3D4E9AA920840BD61143-image003.jpgThe recipients may get a bigger surprise than they thought !!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

What beautiful cats. They are the silliest creatures. Yesterday I was wrapping presents, and putting them under the tree when my daughters cat decided she wanted to know what was in them. Crazy animal.  bear_grin  bear_smile  bear_grin
kathy

Pipa UK

Aww how cute!! if there is a box a cat will be in it.. i got a delivery the other day of some stuff and the box the stuff came in had loads of brown paper inside..well i took the stuff out the box. put the box to one side and my cat was straight in there.. and now she sleeps in there all the time..  bear_grin

They really are funny animals, aren't they?
These two are not mine, the photo was sent to me and I thought it was cute because my Bootsie is always into boxes too.  :doh:

Pipa UK

they really are entertaining !!! it's funny because they are just like children. you spend a fortune on toys and it's the box the kids want. same with cats. you buy them expensive bedding and they want a box with paper in .. my cat has a box with gorgeous fluffy hair (i actually bought it to make a bear but it was too stretchy so my cat got it instead) but she still perfers the paper lol

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Nancy, I love this picture!!!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin It is so typical of cats. I put some shiny ribbon on a couple of presents under the tree and my cat just won't leave it alone!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Nancy love your cats picture.....we are cat people too-  we have a game we play for the amusement of the PARROT, Kirah,

we put Kwatzu in the box and hold the top on while we whistle POP GOES THE WEASEL and then we take our hand off at the proper moment and out jumps the cat.....

The parrot loves it and the cat has done this so many times now, 6 years, that we really don't have to hold the top down anymore- he just seems to know when it is time....

they are wonderful critters, cats.

dilu

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, what a funny story!! LOL "pop goes the kitty........" LOL

Pipa, you are so right. I don't ever bother buying toys for my cats anymore. I find mohair, some beaded something, tin foil work great, and I don't get mad when they dissapear. LOL

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

What a cute picture! I have a cat too and of course she loves boxes! She likes to chew on plastic grocery bags. She has some weirder "likes" too, but I should probably keep those in the family!

Dilu- that is so funny!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Adorable....and Dilu that game is really cute, must be fun..

I use to have several cats, thay are very entertaining and wonderful creatures..Winney

I loved all your stories! 
Bootsie likes to take a miniature bear part that he knows he is not allowed to have.  He will even get into my baskets in search. 
I have a little round sewing box that I had to quit using because he figured out how to remove the lid and EXPOSE all the goodies contained there in!
I have leFt parts out that I didn't like the way they turned out...just so he can steal them, but for some reason totally unbeknown to me...he never takes those.  How does he know the ones I want ?

Loved your pop goes the weasel story Dilu.  I bet that is just so much fun to watch.
Well, my only explanation is:   A CAT IS A CAT AND THAT IS THAT!!

Crocery bags and shiny ribbons...OH MY!!
:dance:

Pipa UK

hee hee. plastic carrier bags aswell my cat loves.. (i dont let her play with them unattended though)  bear_rolleyes

psichick78 wrote:

Dilu, what a funny story!! LOL "pop goes the kitty........" LOL

Pipa, you are so right. I don't ever bother buying toys for my cats anymore. I find mohair, some beaded something, tin foil work great, and I don't get mad when they dissapear. LOL

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

All these wonderfully silly cat stories... oh, I am aching to have a kitty again! 
I better get to work on my daughter, when she asks Daddy for something with those big brown eyes, Daddy can't say no!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta

Pipa UK

good luck Kim bear_happy

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

For the last couple of hours I have had all these crazy ideas about how to get a cat here!  I'd love to have a couple, but I won't push my luck just yet.  I was so attached to Domino (we called him Ne-Ne) a cat I had all through grade school... that little was truly my first love.  I dressed up as HIM for Halloween for like three years straight!   bear_wub  Ne-Ne was around until I was in college!  Then after that I had Penelope.... she was a stray I took in when I lived in my college house.  Sweetest little thing.  She never really grew and was kitten sized her whole life.  Unfortunately, she didn't live very long, despite the best efforts of my vet and myself.  Oh... I just think I am ready again for a wee little kitty around here once again.

My first scheme was to tell the husband that it was either another baby (read : a fourth child to get through college!) or a kitten...

Then I thought up the whole thing with having Miranda ask ... DADDY PLEASE ?  bear_wub  bear_cry

Then I actually considered that I could go the local animal shelter and just adopt one and tell him it just showed up on the doorstep.... HMMM... that one might actually work! It's so cold here, how I possibly just let it cry outside on the doorstep?  But.. then I'd have to actually ask all the neighbors if she belonged to them... and I still barely know my neighbors....

My husband is so ridiculous about getting a cat.  He keeps saying that he is not a cat person.   He's from Egypt.... a place where in ancient times cats were worshiped!  Plus.... our last name is BASTA.... named after the city in Egypt that in which "Bastet" was highly worshiped... She's that cat (sometimes lion) headed woman goddess.... So he simply must be a cat person that just doesn't really know it yet... don't you think?
You SEE what you girls have done!  I WANT ONE!!!!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lovely kitty picture, Nancy!  Kim, my husband wasn't a cat person either, but the minute our little girls wanted one, well that changed everything!  So back in 1970, we got a cat for each daughter, and haven't been without felines since.  Think you have the right plan to get your daughter to ask for one.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Ever so sweet and yes they do like hiding in boxes don't they!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Good luck with the kitty, Kim. I'm sure one of your ideas would work! I know my fiancee couldn't resist if our daughter asked. And when I was a kid I used to bring home any wandering cat I came across on my way home from school!  bear_grin

I've been wanting another kitty too and I've actually had him agree, but...

Of course, there has to be a but...

Unfortunately the one cat I have likes being an only cat. She's getting kinda old now and I don't really want to stress her by getting a kitten. She already has to deal with the two dogs we've gotten in the past 2 years.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

My husband put his foot down a few years ago and said the only way we could get more pets was thru attrition. My Mom and I were out shopping and stopped by the Co-op for feed. There was this gorgeous kitten that we cdn't resist so we took her and told my husband that the mother cat had been killed by a truck and they had to quickly find homes for the kittens. Unfortunately the next time my husband went for feed - out strolled the mother cat with the remaining kittens!
So the next time Mom and I went out shopping and fell in love with a little Siamese kitten at the pet shop - we told Peter that we had accidently run over the mother cat and had to rescue the baby. He was never able to prove us wrong and when my Mom passed away he promised her that he would care for her cat for life.
Good luck with your plans Kim.
Marion

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Cute cats.  :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I can't have cats because they trigger off my asthma but seeing the picture of the two cats in the box makes me see what fun my wretched asthma is making me miss.

Jane  bear_flower

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

The-Cats-Pet-Print-C10036502.jpgthe pussy cat are so nice i love cats,

Oh Jane, how sad!  Asthma is awful.  I have 2 friends with children who are asthmatic.  One of them is so bad they had to remove the carpeting in the house ... all the stuffed toys, it is so sad.  The other one is little Bailey and he is just 1.  His parents are having a hard time dealing with it.  The mother cannot give up her 2 cats and this child is on a breathing apparatus, steriods...you name it.  He is always in the emergency room.  I love my Bootie Boy, but there would be no contest if one of my children had asthma.

Fran...that picture is just plain adorable.  Bootsie is a 'hugger' too and he is a big boy, so when he gets a hold of you, you can really feel his strength. 

thanks for the piccie

Nanc......

Board footer