Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

clare14 Country Bears
England

I've been admiring some of the bears in Penny's new sewing studio, and I wondered if any of you felt like sharing pictures of your favourites in your collection??

I will post pics tomorrow, my camera battery is flat and is charging as we speak!!  bear_wacko

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Its hard to have a favorite bear, I love the ones from Judi, Kimmy Laure and the moose from Daphne, who is supposed to be a Chrsitmas Ornament but isn't getting put away.....he's going to hang here on my lamp forever I expect.

hmmmmmm

My favorite bears are not the Steiffs......but the artist bears. d040.gif

But Buddah bear, which is some manufactured company, is probably my al time favorite.  My father gave him to me......he had spina bifida (no seam in his spine-so his stuffing was coming out) but he's my favorite because he was the last thing my father ever saw and got for me.....

I call him Buddah bear because he sort of slumps over from the spina bifida and it makes him look like he is contemplating his navel......

dilu

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I am crying with laughter here Wonks  bear_cry   bear_laugh   bear_cry  bear_grin

You simply MUST post a piccy of this bear for us to see - you can't get away with a description like that and then not post a piccy Dilu

C'MON - PICCIES PICCIES PICCIES  :pray:   :pray:   :pray:

Penny  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

my favs are my artist bears to, Judi's bear, Dilus bear (and golly), Danni's bears, gina's bears, Rita's bears... I LOVE THEM! I use to collect Boyds bears (I have around 80 of them) but, like I have said before, they dotn interest me anymore...  I sill like them but I dont buy them anymore... I couldnt pica  fav though... bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yeah, it's like choosing a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My favourite is Tammy's -- easy choice!

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Delartful Bears wrote:

Yeah, it's like choosing a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My favourite is Tammy's -- easy choice!

Danni

Must be the only TT bear you own thus far!!! We'll fix that!!

I love them all and to say my favorite artist bear may hurt someone else's feelings here so I just can't do that!

I do have a favorite non-artist bear.

It's a Boyd's bear named Morgan. He's about 17" and has weighted feet and hands and not much in his body so he's really floppy and great for hugging. Mom gave him to me when I went through my divorce 8 yrs ago and he was a great sponge for my tears, listener of my woes, and giver of unconditional love. (I still sleep with him most nights...shhh... don't tell....!)

I'd take a picture but have way too much to do between now and Christmas for picture taking, editing, posting... though I have plenty of time to sit here and post messages.... :doh:  ..........err......umm.....

I did find a few "Fidelity B. Morgan"s listed on eBay. I have to say mine in cuter!!!

Australia

Uuuhhh yeah, you found me out - I only have ONE Teddy Talk bear, am planning on changing that!!!  So, hense it was an easy choice!

Ahhh Daphne, you are very diplomatic!

Danni

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

My favorite bear is one my Grandmother made for me. She used to have a shop in Washington, and made all kinds of stuff when I was a Kid. Ceramic were huge then, and they did lots of them. But she made stuff too. The bear is Sewn from Plaid fabric with hand painted eyes. I don't have time to post pictures. She made two for my daughters too. So we have them all. Mine is my favorite and about 25 years old now.  They are just special cause my grandma made them.
I have a new bear that is getting alot of attention right now. He He.
but my other favorite would have to be Lulu the bearmingo by Lisa Madsen of Madsens Miniatures.
Love, Kathy

clare14 Country Bears
England

I adore all things old - with history - my bear collection mainly consists of old boys and girls, I love to sit and listen to their stories........

I have so many favourites, Aletas OF COURSE, so I thought I'd share some photos with you.....

bears0091nf.jpg
bears0130fa.jpg
bears0142vw.jpg
bears0151cu.jpg
bears0160bb.jpg

Am I boring you yet......??

The 4th photo shows my beloved old Hermann, old Chiltern and old Chad Valley Golly  bear_wub

I get lots of inspiration from these old chaps!!  :dance:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

My favourite is Tammy's -- easy choice!

Well, thanks Danni LOL

Must be the only TT bear you own thus far!!!

Thanks for bursting my bubble Daph !!!!   a143.gif

You guys are funny !

DSC01339-2.JPGDSC01338-2.JPGDSC01337-2.JPGHere is Buddah bear with his brother who is about 10 years younger.....both the same company and the 'fur' is the same too....how weird.....

Claire, what wonderful bears you have in your collection....i TRULY ENJOYED SEEING THEM.  tHANK YOU.

Pipa UK

i love love love all the artist bears i have, but the 1 bear that is extra special to me is a bear named Todd who i have had for 21 years . he was a gift off my Nana for my bday one year when i was a wee teeny  girl and my Nana died a few months later he is a golden syrup colour and when i first got him i called him Todd he could do with being closed up in places. he has a few little open spots in his seams but i don't want to change him because i love him the way he is  bear_wub

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

favorit-bear-003.jpgfavorit-bear-005.jpglocky-bear-001.jpgLets see him Pipa .Clare what a lovely collection you have,I really like the idea of the old tag hanging from your lady bear .and no you did not bore us we look at our bears every day and that gives us so much pleasure. and for you Dilu i never saw a bubbah bear before you learn something ever day he is just great so many different bears around just great love looking .Sitting here with my coffee and my mince pie getting bigger by the minute .These are two of my nicest bears tiger is made by locky bears in Aus, and i made the another out of alpaca , and i do like my pandas

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm guilty, I only have 1 artist bear. I need more.
Just wondering what to tell my boyfriend about why I NEED a TT bear. I mean really, I see at least one I have to have everyday. Ahh, such is life.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I must get around to taking a piccy of my favourite bear Clare - i promise i'll post it here soon

Penny  bear_wub

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

The last bear I make always becomes my favorite. Unfortunately I dont own any artist bears. Would dearly love to change that though.

To choose a favorite in an artist bear is very difficult. I love pretty much love every bear, friend and golly I see on TT.
But there is one that stands out in my mind and that is..............Sueanns CHOOK. I cant help myself I luv it, luv it luv it.  And then there is .........and then I really love ............ and so and so's............hahahahahahahha
I do luv that chook though!!! bear_grin  bear_grin     Matilda

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA
Dilu wrote:

Here is Buddah bear with his brother who is about 10 years younger.....both the same company and the 'fur' is the same too....how weird.....

OMG,,,,
Dilu I've got the same bear (I think..)
It was given to me 12 years ago when i was in States!!!!

I put picture later, he is at my Mom's house.
OMG!!!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
matilda wrote:

The last bear I make always becomes my favorite. Unfortunately I dont own any artist bears. Would dearly love to change that though.

Matilda

Mee TOO!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

matilda wrote:

To choose a favorite in an artist bear is very difficult. I love pretty much love every bear, friend and golly I see on TT.
But there is one that stands out in my mind and that is..............Sueanns CHOOK. I cant help myself I luv it, luv it luv it.  And then there is .........and then I really love ............ and so and so's............hahahahahahahha
I do luv that chook though!!! bear_grin  bear_grin     Matilda

Wow, Matilda . . . I didn't realize you liked my rooster/chook so much.  I'm really flattered - thank you!  Hopefully, I'm gonna get some more made in 2006!  :hug:   :hug:

Australia

Sue Ann - everyone loves your chookums!!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Yes, Sue-Ann's  chookums is out standing and I will never forget him!  bear_wub   :clap:

Clare ! what a nice collection you have there ! May I visit your home and hug them all ??  bear_laugh

Fran, thanks for posting your collection. I love your panda bears. So adorable !!!!!

I admit that I have never bought a Artist bear and I would love to change that !

My favor  is Shelli's panda bear (and all the Shelli's bears are killing me !  bear_laugh ),
I love Judi's tiger who nocked out me and Aradin bear and Snow white bear of Judi's was
breath taking ! then I have more ! Shantell's panda bear who is just posted in show case and
Serendipity by Paula of All bear, Jenny's Avatar bear and I can go on and  on for my favor bear and
it's impossible to just pick 1.

I have one golly girl from Dilu and I own Julia and Kim's(Kim-bee bears) bear now from our swap and I'm so glad
I have TT members bear in my hand now !

Hugs/Marie

Heather, tell your boy friend what my hubby told me;

Buying/adopting and artist bear is an investment.  Maybe not so much for me, but for my Grandchildren ( if I get any)

Dilu

maybe if I don't get anyu I can use TT artist bears .....hmmmmm

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

WHat nice photos of your bear collections.  I will have to take a photo of my curio cabinet  sometime.  It is full of bears.  Manufactured and some artist bears too.  I am very flattered that some of mentioned my bears...and tiger.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I have a particular admiration for Merrythought Cheeky Bears....and many artist bears here too.......

Board footer