Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I am so stinkin' mad right now!! Hope you guys don't mind if I vent a little.

I went shopping yesterday, along with my mom and daughter, to finish up for Christmas. We were in the car at a red light when some jerk plowed into the back of my car. So my mom immediately calls for police, but she is so rattled that she can't talk to them. I take the phone from her and do the talking when the guy who hit me knocks at my window. I roll it down and he tells me to turn off the road somewhere. There was no shoulder to pull the car onto and the road we were on was very heavy with traffic. So I ask the police on the phone if it's okay to move the car. Sure, they say, and I stay on the phone until I can tell them where I'll be parking. Well, I start moving and turn at the traffic light. Then I turned into a parking lot and that little punk kept going!!  bear_angry

I didn't get a good description of the car or the plate number because I was talking on the phone and trying to find a place to park. My mom did try to look but couldn't see the plates. I imagine the little creep either didn't have insurance or had something in the car he didn't want the cops seeing.

So, while my car doesn't visibly appear too bad, it's making all kinds of weird noises from the rear end now. My fiancee said it will probably cost a few thousand to fix it. We only have liability insurance on it, so there goes getting it fixed! I don't have the cash to have it fixed. And I'm not sure what will happen as far as any medical bills. My neck and shoulders are pretty sore right now. I don't have health insurance either since I don't work out of the home. It's so expensive. Thankfully, my mom and daughter do! I'm really worried about my mom. We got rear-ended on Christmas Eve two years ago and she had a lot of trouble. She had to go through physical therapy for quite a while to get back on track.

And to top it off, I've got a nasty cold and I can barely talk right now. That really stinks because I feel like screaming!! And I didn't get my shopping done!!

Deb Upstate New York

Oh Sandi ...  :hug:

The holidays don't always bring out the best in folks.   bear_sad

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,Sandi ,I'm so sorry .I have heard of a very horrible scam where you get rear-ended and then he has you pull off the road and the rest is too horrible to repeat  bear_cry   bear_cry  I'm thank-ful that although this is horrible, it could have been much worse. Be safe and well , :hug:   :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Think of all the bad karma that waiting to hit him someday.
Also, think of how lucky you and your family is - no one badly hurt! Cars can be fixed or replaced. If you don't finish your Christmas shopping I'm sure your family will understand and be grateful that everyone is ok.
Hugs and Happy Holidays,
Marion :hug:

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Dear Sandi,
Man, that really stinks! The nerve of that guy  bear_angry
I really hate to see this happen to you, especially now.
Keep your head up kid  bear_thumb I wish the best to you and your mama.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Put up flyers at the intersection where the accident occured looking for witness, Because it was a hit and run. Post a add in the newspaper too asking if anyone witness this accident with a description of your car and the car that hit you as best you can. Maybe you will get lucky.
Best of luck, don't stress over it and have a good holiday anyway!!
Kathy

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Thanks for the all the kind words. I don't wish revenge or bad things for this guy, only that he would take responsibility.

That's a good idea Kathy. There were so many cars in front of me at the stop light that I'm sure the cameras there didn't pick up anything. But I thought maybe the businesses on the side of the street might have something. It's worth asking. I think I'll try the newspaper, too.

And as far as the shopping goes, oh well. I was almost finished anyway, just trying to get those last few. Those last few were for the hard-to-buy-for people anyway, so they might just get cash!   bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Aw, Sandi.
I'm so sorry.....
My dear bear mentor friend got into an accident last Christmas after picking her elderly mother up to bring back to her house for Christmas Dinner with over 20 people waiting to eat. The family all ended up at the emergency room instead. They do joke about it now as no one was badly hurt but their ins. didn't cover the totalled car and they are farmers with little $$ to begin with.
I know it doesn't help much to hear but it could have neen worse. And though no revenge is wished upon this kid... what goes around comes around.
Big hugs to you and your mom and daughter!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh Sandi.....some people just have no decency.....I really feel for you. It's a stressful enough time of year without all this. Hopefully you're getting over the shock right now and will still be able to enjoy Christmas - as others have said, you still have the important things! Family and health! Take care  :hug:

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, Sandi, take a deep breath and just be thankful that your mum and daughter are OK, wait to feel better and SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh man, that really sucks. People can just be so horrible sometimes.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I know the feeling where you are just soo mad and can't do anything about it.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Sandi, so sorry to hear about your accident and what a horrible thing for the guy to do,  take off.
I hope that you manage to track this guy down so he can pay for what he has done.
Big hugs to you and your Mom and daughter.
Hope that the rest of the holidays can be happy for your Family.

Carolyn

bear_original

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sandi so sorry to hear of your accident and the fact that the guy took off..... I hope you get some satisfaction from this ... but don't allow it to spoil your Christmas... I really hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas .... :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

OOoh that is crazy - what a horrible man.  Just be pleased that you are OK and neither you or your Mum got hurt in any way.

:hug:  Just what you need for the Christmas season right?  Let's hope something happens and you can find the guy that did it!
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aaaaaacckkk . . . SOME PEOPLE!  Really sorry that guy was such a louse!  He will get his at some point in his life, but that's little solace for you right now.  Hope that it all works out, Sandi, and I'm so glad that neither you nor your mom was hurt.   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Sandi,

I am so sad to hear about your troubles.  Take care of yourself.  The gifts can wait. 
Nothing is more important than your health, unless, of course if its a family members health.

Hope things look better in a few days.

hugs

dilu

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a ...yes lets say it in a very English way...GIT! He deserves to be caught. The guy will get his
come-uppence one day and lets hope he will think back to what he has done to you and your Mum, Sandi. It could have been so much worse for both you and your Mum, I'm sorry to here that your neck and shoulders are hurting, lets hope it all settles down real soon and that you have a wonderful Christmas.

BIG WARM FUZZY CHRISTMAS HUGS
Jane  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I agree with the karma comment; he'll get his, someday, and then some.

I'm really glad to hear that, despite the nuisance and fright of it all, you and your family escaped unscathed, for the most part. 

There's lots to distract you from these troubles the next day or so, so I do hope you can enjoy it all.

Merry Christmas, Sandi!

Board footer