Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

100_0245a.jpg100_0246a.jpg100_0247a.jpgHere's the little panda cub I made for my mom.   I hope she likes him or she's in big big trouble with me.   bear_angry

I have yet to decide on a name for him.  I figured she already had something in mind but apparently she doesn't...I'm in shock.   So any suggestions would be welcome. 

He's made from Intercals 380S/CM in Black and Cream.  I've given him handpainted eyes in deep blue with touches of lavender and gold.  I've also given him upper lids and for the first time tried lower lids as well.   He's the got my usual heartshaped muslin pouch inside his chubby little tummy filled with copper BB's.  He about 10 inches in a seated position and about 14 if he were standing. 

Now that I'm finished I may give another panda a try afterall.  bear_wub

Thanks for peeking...

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Shantell, he is adorable, really really gorgeous.  I can see now why you are happy with him - he's sooo cute!!!  I want him!!

Danni

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

So this is the little trouble making bear, huh??  HE IS GORGEOUS!!!  Very neat, Shantell, you should be proud of him!  :hug:   Sorry, no name suggestions here bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gina wrote:

Here's a nice Chinese sounding name appropriate for the bear and the situation....

Tri Ying Won  (since he was such a task to make  bear_happy  )

Gina

Haaaaaa!  bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh 

Shantell, your panda is outstanding . . . he doesn't look like he caused you a bit of trouble!  Think your mom is going to be very pleased!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Gina wrote:

ohhhh.....maybe another one

Payne Inmy Arse

hee,hee

LMAO  bear_laugh

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shantell !!!!!!!!
What a adorable panda bear !  bear_wub   :clap:   bear_wub   :clap: 
I see no trouble with his face ! he is cutest thing !!!!!!!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Wonderful Panda Shantell- you have done a great job on him and if your Mother doesn't want him there would be a lot of Mothers on TT who would adopt him!!!!
Hugs
Gail

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

He's great Shantell!

With those big ol' beautiful, innocent blue eyes, you'd  never know he was such a problem child!

Great job! :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Gina's name is wonderful....very clever Gina

Shantell, your baby is ablsolutely wond!erful, perfectly lovely, beautigul even, and quite an inspiration......Good job....no great job!!!

Merry Christmas Shantell's Mom, you are a lucky lady.....

Merry Christmas

hugs

dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Shantell, your Panda cub is adorable and I am glad that you perserved with him.
Your Mum will be very happy to receive such a great little Bear.

Willamette Valley Oregon

I've decided on a name...I did a baby name search and came up with BO LIEN...meaning "precious lotus".   I chose it because my dad's middle name is Lien...so I just pick Bo because it goes nicely.  Simple...easy to remember and pronounce.   It'll make her happy.

Thanks for all the nice comments.  I had a really hard time with him face.  I decided to paint his eye patches rather than struggling with sewing them on and I just wasn't happy with the way they turned out at first...hard to explain.  I'm happy with him now.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all the kind words.  I'm so critical of my own work and can be such a perfectionist that the smallest "mistake" drives me crazy and just jumps out at me.   

Again...Merry Christmas...I'm so glad it's almost over for another year.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Shantell, lovely panda. I can hardly see that the patches are painted, great job.

Merry Christmas

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Shantell how adorable, could you tell me where you by your eye lids fran

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:hug: Shantell, your panda is outstanding!!
Definately you have to make a series~!~! bear_grin

HUGS, Julia

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Shantell, he is such a cute baby! To me he looks just a little lonesome, like he's waiting to be picked up and cuddled. Great job  :clap: 
    Suzanne

Pipa UK

Ohh i ADORE his guy. i LOVE Panda's and i just wanna pick yours up and snuggle him in !

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Shantell - your panda is beautiful. Well done!  I never would have guessed he gave you so much trouble.  Your mom will love him.

Sandi

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shantell...what can I say........beautiful :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, nice job. Very cute face

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thank you ladies!   The little dickens is starting to grow on me and I'm having a hard time letting him go...even to my own mother.  My daughter informed me yesterday that she now wants a bear too....kids!!!

Shantell

Willamette Valley Oregon

So much for saying NEVER again.  I'm now getting ready to make another panda...remind of this when I say NEVER again.

bear_wacko   bear_wacko

Board footer