Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I sent a bear to England 2 1/2 weeks ago by airmail and it still hasn't arrived - usually it takes less than a week. I've heard they have some problems there with British Airways???, so wondered if that might account for delays. Has anyone else had an problems????
I am getting a bit upset as I had a parcel to the States go missing  6 months ago and it never did turn up. STILL fighting with Canada Post over the insurance on that one so I would hate to  have start again on another one! I am kind of reluctant to list any more bears for sale now - it is SO discouraging when this happens!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Edie, all my international parcels seem to be  taking longer also, usually 2-3  weeks to England and I am much close than you LOL.  I think they are getting hung up in customs.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Well I doubt it's anything to do with customs, as I sent a parcel to the US early last week - it normally takes 5 days with airmail, and we're at 9 days and counting right now (it doesn't go through customs on the way out).  BA were on strike last week, but I have to admit I have no idea who flies the airmail over!

JRB CREATIONS JRB CREATIONS
New Carlisle, IN

I had some problems too.  I shipped a package to England and it took almost a month to get there.  It did turn up in customs eventually and the collector had to pay fees on it.  It was very frustrating for both of us.  We each made several calls to our local post offices, but found that nobody was very helpful and some were down right rude.  I am very reluctant about mailing packages now and I have decided to only ship Priority Mail with tracking.
Good luck Edie!

:hug:
*Jeannette

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I am having problems too. I sent a parcel to the UK on Feb 4 and it's still not there. The customer said that she was waiting for 2 parcels from Canada that were sent about the same. The other one finally arrived last week....I was disappointed that it wasn't mine bear_ermm  Just over 3 weeks ago I ordered a parcel from the US and it finally arrived yesterday!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I have taken the UK off my international sales list for auctions. NOT because I don't want to sell to the UK, I love my UK customers! But it's just too stressful! IT always takes at least 2 weeks and both the customers and I get upset. Yes, I know it does spend a lot of time in customs, it gets to the UK from the USA very quickly. I'm not sure if it's just Customs or if it is the local mail delivery that is at fault?  All I know is I can get items to Japan, Australia even the far north in a remote village in Finland before anything can get to a UK address bear_ermm
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Glasgow

See that's funny, I get stuff from my friends in the US all the time and it gets here in 5-7 days.  Ho hum

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Well, you guys are making me feel a lot better and a little more hopeful! I just feel that small packet air is the ONLY way I can send these little bears and it doesn't have tracking. It costs $8.23 to go to England that way and the next step up which is surface parcel but does have tracking is $34.85 and then Express post is $63 and Priority is $80! No one is going to pay that kind of price on a tiny miniature that they only paid $100 for! Maybe I am going to have stick to selling within Canada and the US. It's just that I have NEVER had a problem sending to Britain before and usually found they got there way faster than going to the States even!
Good news is that Canada Post finally decided to just pay me the insurance on the other lost parcel without making me jump through hoops so at least I will only be dealing with one if it is lost! (and then of course my husband reminded me that today was April Fools day and said I should have asked them if it was an April Fools joke when they just up and said they would pay me! ) bear_tongue

Glasgow

Hope all the lost little bears arrive, at their destinations, including my poor one that was meant to arrive in time for my friend's operation and has totally missed it now  bear_sad

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I sent two packages out at the same time in February.  One was going to France and one to England.  The one to France arrived in 5 days.  The one to England took over 2 weeks.

Glasgow

I think there's definitely something in the UK/North America route at the moment, because I also remembered got a parcel from Australia in a week airmail 2 weeks ago.  Maybe there's something they're on alert for being sent either way so paying extra attention to parcels?  Stuff within the UK is arriving in normal time

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
JRB CREATIONS wrote:

I had some problems too.  I shipped a package to England and it took almost a month to get there.  It did turn up in customs eventually and the collector had to pay fees on it.  It was very frustrating for both of us.  We each made several calls to our local post offices, but found that nobody was very helpful and some were down right rude.  I am very reluctant about mailing packages now and I have decided to only ship Priority Mail with tracking.
Good luck Edie!

:hug:
*Jeannette

I ship often Express Mail from the US when leaving the continent,  by the time you pay for insurance it costs almost the same.  Express Mail is the only mail out of the US that will track all the way to the door.  The PO told me regular Priority stops when the package leaves the US.  It always seems to take for ever when going to England.  It always has for me.
Joanne

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Too bad everyone doesn't live in the Netherlands - I get the fastest shipping there from the Midwest!
My latest was a pkg shipped last Sat arrived there on Tues. It's always that fast....

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Yippee! My lost parcel arrived in England - it got held up in customs. What a relief! Hope everyone else's missing and slow packages arrive safely too!

Glasgow

Must be good karma Edie, mine arrived today too  bear_original

cocacolakid Posts: 9

I had a package to Romania take 6 weeks, but a package to Crete took 5 days. Bizarre. I've had slower than usual delivery to Canada and parts of Europe the last two months, as well. Although none of the customers said the packages were opened by customs.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Yay! It is nice to hear that your parcels have arrived! Hopefully mine will too.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I had a parcel I was worried about, arrive at it's destination today as well - must be our lucky day!

hugs,

Brenda

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I have had no problems sending out from Belgium to the States, generally in a week,  but have now been waiting for 5 weeks for a parcel from the States (maybe all of Europe has the same probs)? 

Catherine
x

Board footer