Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Ch-4-bear-008.jpgThis is my Chapter 4 bear - the one where we're supposed to exaggerate and manipulate.  I put darts in the head, which rounded it out.  Also small curved darts in the elbows to curve the arms in a bit.  And I made chunky arms and legs, balanced by fairly large feet.

I was reluctant to experiment on my expensive tipped alpaca mohair, so I made him up out of the remains of an old sheared beaver jacket.  I'd already made another bear out of the best bits, so this one's made from the scraps.  (Perhaps his name should be "Scrappy" bear_original ?)  I had to make the legs with the nap running up instead of down because of the way the materials fell out.

At any rate, I'm enjoying learning new ways to predictably shape a bear and would not think of going back to purchased patterns!

Sue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I think you have a good eye for design, and this bear looks wonderfully huggable.  :clap:

Becky

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Thanks, Becky!  He is quite huggable.  There's very little that's softer than sheared beaver!  It makes my mohair feel quite scratchy by comparison>

Sue

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Wonderful bear, beautiful proportions.  Great job!!  Definitely no more purchased patterns.
Joanne

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

Good work !!!  bear_thumb  He looks great  bear_wub  Yes, Scrappy could be a cool name.  bear_grin

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I know what you mean about the expensive stuff for experiments, but sometimes you just have to leap in there!  He came out nicely, so maybe you can brave the 'nice mohair' for your next bear  bear_original

Board footer