Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

puca bears puca bears

Teddybaer Total show next weekend.........Wendy (Matilda Huggington) and I have been planning for TWO years to share a booth at the show............and who would have imagined a volcano would scupper it all?????????
Wendy should have been arriving in Germany tomorrow night - but she is still in Perth with NO date for a flight.........the only good thing is that she sent some Puddles on ahead, so I will be able to display and SELL them next w/end...........if anyone comes to the show! I imagine  that all the exhibitors from far flung places like SE Asia will be stuck at home...........all we need now is a health warning for everyone to stay home because of the volcanic dust.........   Honestly -  Iceland is NOT doing their chances in the Eurovision contest any good!!
huggies
Maria

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh no!  I have a friend who has thus far voyaged back from Barcelona (he decided not to wait for flights to resume, to appease his screaming wife after they left 2 year old son at home with granny for their 'short break') by car, bike, ferry and now up north with a bus full of footballers from Bathgate (which is nearly home for them)  They're still on the road, can't wait to see how the next leg is going to go...

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

Hi Maria

I am so sorry for the bad news.... bear_cry I know that you were planning this for a long time and now this has happened. No flight are flying in Sweden either and at the moment they donĀ“t know when they will be up in the air again....
A lot of people from Sweden has to go on the bus through europe to be able to go back home. There are still dust coming in from Iceland  but I hope it will calm down soon.
Anyway sorry to hear the bad news, I hope that people still will be able to come to the show.
And I hope that you will have a good weekend!!!!!

Hugs
Ann-Marie
BearMeToo

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

So sorry about all the flights cancelled and maybe not many people being about to get to the show.  I have a friend on another forum who lives in Iceland.  She is not doing to bad as she lives 100 miles from the volcano and the wind is blowing the ash  after from her.  She did show some pictures of the farming area where the ash is very bad.  The cattle has to be moved to a safer part of the island and the farmers grow potatoes and are not sure if they will be able to plant crops this year.

puca bears puca bears

Yes - it's pretty DIRE all round..............not just people with thwarted travel plans (like poor Wendy!), but think of the producers in countries in Africa (and elsewhere) who rely on getting their fresh produce to the European markets QUICKLY..........there are going to be a lot of knock-on effects.
The weirdest thing is that we have clear blue skies, end to end - strange to think of this dust cloud hovering high up !
Times like this, you realise that mankind has no power over the forces of Nature..........
huggies
Maria

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

so sorry to hear this Maria, it is causing chaos for so many people, we have friends tuck in Gran Canaria trying to get back from holiday with a little baby.  I do hope that the show will still have enough exhibitors and that it goes well for you Maria and the Puddles!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Catherine
x

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Wendy emailed me about the bad news concerning her plan to go to Germany. She is so sad about it. Now we are worrying because she was then supposed to go to Paris to meet me. Still no planes in the French sky, and no idea yet on when they can fly again.
I am trying to comfort myself thinking she was supposed to stay for over two weeks in France at my place, so she might manage to make it even if shortened... But we never know. On the news this evening, they said that the volcano was still very active.

Now, lots of people living near airports are enjoying silent skies. Plus here too the weather is very sunny. It is hard to imagine there is that dust cloud very very high.

In France, there has been a train strike for over one week (lots of disturbances in the train traffic) and with this problem of lack of planes, it is a real big mess.

Let's hope things will get better very soon...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  That's awful for you and Wendy, Maria!  I guess the bad effects of the volcano eruption are felt all over the world with people not being able to fly in to or out of Europe.  Our Pres. Obama had to cancel his trip to Poland to attend the funeral of the Polish president, as did many other world leaders.  Yep, not much we can do to deter the destructive whims of Mother Nature.

puca bears puca bears

Hi Sophie.....looks like we are "in the same boat"!  All the plans, the Spring Cleaning (!) - sigh..........and after all that work, there's that big cloud of dust ready to drop on us - aaarrrggghhhh!
One thing I told Wendy - we are only about 4 hours by train from Paris (one of my very favourite places) - so we still might manage to meet up..........maybe I could venture over there for a day or two!?
However - we still have to wait for the whole mess to be sorted out -and the logistics of getting all the flights going again will be a real nightmare for someone!
huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

It certainly is a bugga!........ I cant even rebook because no one knows what is going to happen. I'm just thankful I am still at home and not stuck overseas some where. I am insured and have round the world tickets, so no problem on rearranging when I can rebook. BUT I will still miss my time with Maria at the show. I cant even explain how disappointed I am over that.  bear_cry

I blame it on the lack of suitable virgins to sacrifice.... bear_whistle

Board footer