Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

nanova20106.jpgnanova20105.jpgnanova2010.jpgI don't know why but I call all my Polar Bears, Nanova. Each year I pull out my Nanova pattern and decide how he will look for that year bear_rolleyes  This year I've sharpened his facial features a little and added soft realistic black leather paw pads. They feel like a real pad. More work, but I think it adds to his realism.
Karen and the cats and Nanova  bear_grin http://tinyurl.com/25ah2xs

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!  bear_wub

pudra Pudra Studio
Website

Amazing  bear_thumb

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

Oh wow!  bear_wub
Diana

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he's gorgeous, love the contours on his face

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Wonderful!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

He's beautiful Karen  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
:hug:  Denise

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Every year when you make Nanova I think to myself why so few?  I know that you love cats, but I must say your bears are magnificent.
Joanne

guess it keeps them very special

Seraphim Seraphim Bears
Belleville
Website

Yet another fabulous ice bear! I love them truly I do!

Ma_ru_sya Posts: 59

He is very beautiful bear_thumb  bear_wub

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

What a beautiful bear!  bear_wub I am sure the paw pads are so soft and nice to hold onto. (And I'm with Joanne: Why so few?)

Stacy Shpak Moscow

oh! I adore him!

my-sherri Tanya
St. Petersburg
Website

Remarkable :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Tatiana.

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: wow, beautiful done Karen!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Thank you much, everyone  :hug:  I do love this guy. OK ~ Strange story. When I first created him there was a problem; some of the body pieces were of a different fur. I guess most would not notice, they were both white Belgium faux furs but I thought he deserved to be all of one fur. So I removed his body and his head sat in my favorite burl bowl waiting for his new body. I loved that face. I would tell him all the time that he would get his new body, but secretly I wanted him to stay with me, I guess I loved talking to him. Finally I relented and he did seem very glad to get his body and I knew I had to let him go. Yes, I am that strange.
Karen

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

He's adorable  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

He has such a wonderful expression and is totally adorable, in fact beautiful all round!  bear_wub

Lovely work.

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Karen, he is fabulous :clap:  :clap: he has such an appealing face bear_wub

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website
KJ Lyons wrote:

Thank you much, everyone  :hug:  I do love this guy. OK ~ Strange story. When I first created him there was a problem; some of the body pieces were of a different fur. I guess most would not notice, they were both white Belgium faux furs but I thought he deserved to be all of one fur. So I removed his body and his head sat in my favorite burl bowl waiting for his new body. I loved that face. I would tell him all the time that he would get his new body, but secretly I wanted him to stay with me, I guess I loved talking to him. Finally I relented and he did seem very glad to get his body and I knew I had to let him go. Yes, I am that strange.
Karen

Karen, I totally understand. bear_cool  I can get attached to a face, too, and it may take ages for a full body to come about. bear_whistle Why not make another one to have around? (That's me hinting that you need to make more bears. bear_laugh )

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Karen,

Your story about his head in the bowl made me laugh!  I've had two large bear heads that have been sitting on my dresser staring at me for three months because I haven't the foggiest idea how to make a realistic body to go with them!  so i guess I will be able to hang on to them for quite a bit longer...hope I don't get much more attached... bear_sad  At least you knew what to do with your beauty to complete him...mine may end up as wall plaques bear_sad

He is so wonderful...everytime I see one of these gorgeous artist renditions of a polar bear it makes me sad, though...they have so little time left...they, I think are becoming the actual 'spirit' bears.

Like Joanne, I wonder too, with such talent for bears, why not more of them? 

Pat

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
Jacqui

Anna Tide Bad Bergzabern

Nanova is absolute stunning  :pray:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer