Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Does anyone know where to get a good "anime" style bear pattern? Or a cute bear with a big head:). I've been hunting online but no luck.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I am trying to find one too as my daughter wants me to make one  for her.  I had no luck online either.

Fallenrose near Cologne

I don't know an online pattern, either, but I think it should be no problem to design a pattern yourself, if you want to give it a try.
You should consider that anime bears are about 3 heads high and have mostly big eyes, with short arms and legs; from there, it should be easy to make up a design on your own.

If it really doesn't work, I could send you a free pattern that was in one of the Teddy Bear journals we have here in Germany.

Hope I could help, Ariane

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I LOVE Jennylovesbenny website, hope this helps

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I found the jennylovesbenny site but those are not quite what I was looking for so I guess it is just design what I want.  Maybe I will come up with a whole new look. bear_grin

TX

Yeah same here. I do loved her bears but I'm looking for something with an even bigger head lol I've been working on a pattern but just can't get it to look right. bear_sad

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

If you see a pattern you like the looks of but the head isn't quite big enough all you need to do is enlarge the head pieces until it's the size you want it!
bear_happy

TX
Daphne wrote:

If you see a pattern you like the looks of but the head isn't quite big enough all you need to do is enlarge the head pieces until it's the size you want it!
bear_happy

Lol I wish it was that easy bear_happy i've been working on a pattern forever & just can't get it too look right bear_sad

teeeej Brisbane

Have you checked out the anime section in the challenge gallery. Might give you some ideas...
http://www.teddy-talk.com/gallery.php?cid=5

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Matty-McWeebundle-1sm-res.-72.jpgAfter lots of trial and error I finally came up with my version of an anime bear.  And I'm still tweaking it. 
The key, for me, is a four-part head..two side pieces, a gusset and a back.  I tried to incorporate the back into the side pieces, but I lost the shape.
This is one of my wanna-be anime bears.  bear_original

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Laura, I love your bear...I think she is just right!

TX
danceswithteddybears wrote:

After lots of trial and error I finally came up with my version of an anime bear.  And I'm still tweaking it. 
The key, for me, is a four-part head..two side pieces, a gusset and a back.  I tried to incorporate the back into the side pieces, but I lost the shape.
This is one of my wanna-be anime bears.  :)

Oh what a cutie! Ive been playing about with a 4 part head too lol but mines coming out weird, trying to keep the nose short but not so short it's gone is hard lol

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Love that little guy.  I am still working on my pattern.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Hi everyone!
I love anime myself and I have an anime mouse pattern to share on my blog :dance:
If you'd like to use it for yourself go ahead!  bear_flower
http://bearmeshootka.blogspot.com/search/label/Patterns

Hope it would help!!

Hugs, Julia

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Alison wrote: I LOVE Jennylovesbenny website

I too love Jennylovesbenny for amine bear patterns. I bought two of her bears and both turned out to be adorable.

http://jennylovesbenny.com/shop.html

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

fei-chang_3.jpgjian_2.jpgsmitty_3.jpg
Here are a few examples of Japanese style bears I have done in the past....they are all very unique in their own way. I dont think you can make a mistake on this style of bear...have fun with it!!

Good Luck to you!!

Bear hugs,

Kim

Board footer