Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Oh Clare  :hug: I sent you a postcard - perhaps you need to check the address list again?

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Clarebear wrote:

Getting a tad worried here looks like noone has 'come' to Alice Springs yet!

Clare, I am sorry to hear that, because I sent you a postcard as well.  bear_sad

I will PM you the address that I put on the enveloppe; if it's not correct, send the right one to me and I will make sure you get another card (extra large  bear_grin ).

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Clare, I sent you one too, a couple of days before your swap items

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

OMG - today I received another 2 cards  - I thought it was over - and really I received one from Clare from Alice-Springs - Australia and the other one from Helen from New Zealand. I never got anything from that far away - oh how wonderful this is - I'm really so happy to be a part on this funny vacation-tour - thank you so much dear TT-friends!!!!! bear_wub

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Gee, Clare, I also sent you a card?  I wonder where they all went, perhaps your po box was incorrect, please check it out.  I will resend when the address gets correct.
Hugs Pat

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Sorry Sorry I meant that noone had received my cards yet but looking today I see that they are starting to arrive.  I didn't mean to worry anyone I just meant that noone had 'virtually visited" Alice Springs yet.  Perhaps it is because I have been on so many virtual vacations in tha last few weeks I missed the postie!

My virtual visit to Alice Springs arrived today ! 

It looks fabulous, Clare : the magnificent scenery, the wide open spaces.  bear_thumb

It is difficult for me to imagine what it must be like living there, having grown up in the city.
And the nearest city is 1500 km away  bear_wacko   Have you got your own plane to get to the city ??  bear_laugh

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Sandra Heartbeat Bears New Zealand
Gisborne

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has sent me a postcard.
We are using them all so well and travelling the world with the class who are so interested from where the next card has come. We have made a unit of learning using our 'magic carpet' and when we land each student has to research and find one more fact  about your town or country....it has been such a fun way of learning using the cards as a motivational tool.
I really appreciate your efforts as I received more than just my five.
Hugs
Helen aka Sandra

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Wow Helen, what a clever way to make the cards into a creative project for the children. and what did they come up with for little ole NJ?  Would love to hear about it.
thanx, Pat PS, I missed the part as to why you are Helen and Sandra?

Sandra Heartbeat Bears New Zealand
Gisborne

Especially for you Pat.
I do like students to think outside the square so you will have a giggle. This is just a small selection.
* Hazardous Material Permits have to be obtained from the Dept of Environmental Protection in Trenton in NJ
* Eastern time....add 7 hours and call it yesterday
* Long Beach is the longest peninsula I've ever seen. I used a tape measure on the map and I reckon it is 46km long. Lots of islands too protect its East Coast.
*Delaware River is really, really, really long
*Looked at all the Governors since 1776 and only one was female. Go Christine Witman.
* Highest place is High Point 550m above sea level...gee thats not very high...we have huge mountains.
*In 1664 colony of NJ was established by Duke of York.........wonder what he looked like?
*Their census started on the 1st May this year so they can tell how many people they have
*Their nickname is the Garden City so they have plenty of gardens and trees and oxygen to breathe.
* The Govenor Chris Christie says it is the most populated state...WOW
And here endeth your history/geography lesson
By everyone adding one point which is not a lot of homework then collectively we learn such a lot from each other..of course we do get duplications...and this is no problem.
I just love this collective learning.
Thanks for asking

Now when I first went on the net
my husband was not sure about using my name
so I used my second name
I have bought so many bears etc that people know me now as both names and times have changed
I hope this answers your query
Hugs
Helen
PS the class love your Humpty Dumpty

Glasgow

Just got home from my holiday to another card, this time from Helen, thank you so much,  I can only imagine what your students came up with for Glasgow (probably unintelligible language  :crackup: )

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I had the most lovely suprise through the post today.  I gorgeous post card from Pat with a picture of beautiful flowers from Hawaii!  Thank you so much Pat  bear_flower

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub So glad the Hawaii cards are arriving, wanted you all to enjoy the last of virtual post card vacation with such a lovely place to visit.
Hugs to you all
pat bear_flower

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Pat, thank you--and your daughter--for the lovely postcard of Hanauma Bay marine sanctuary.  What a lovely way to end the virtual vacation.

And speaking of card exchanges, the year end holiday card exchange sign up will be here sooner than one thinks!

Glasgow

Hi Pat, thank you also for my Hawaiian addition to my summer, it was a lovely way to end!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks so much, Pat . . . the card is beautiful - just as I think Hawaii would be.

While the raining is beating against my window,
While the wind is howling around my house,
While I put on a sweater because I feel the chill in my bones ...

Pat sends me THIS CARD :

Hawai.jpg

Thanks a lot Pat !   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I guess this is the official end of my virtual vacation.   bear_sad
Looking forward to the Christmas swap !!  :dance:

Hugs to everyone who participated.  :hug:

Peter & the bears

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original What a very nice surprise it was to see a card in my mailbox from Pat many thanks for that  :hug:  Mine was of a Green Sea Turtle - I thought it was all over and finished - anyway, looking forward to the Christmas swap  bear_original

Board footer