Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Fallenrose near Cologne

Zakumi_by_Peetie.jpgHello there,

you may have seen this one before, it's Zakumi the official mascot of the Fifa world Cup 2010
I saw this for the first time a week ago and have since fallen in love with the design. Took a look on the Internet and found some officil plushies of him, but... I must admit, they lack the cuteness of the picture.
Thus, I had the idea: hey, you could make one by yourself!

Not much problems with the design, I think (or hope) - well, the ehad could be a little bit tricky, but maybe somebody has an idea? -, but I absolutely don't know where to get a fabric to make him out of..
I figured, I could buy a yellowish Fur for the body and head and paint the dots on, but I'm just running out of ideas as to where I could buy a green fur/plush/mohair/whatever with the appropriate lenght for his mane.

Could somebody help me, please?  :hug:

Hugs, Ariane

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Check Intercal's bargain bin for a white with black spots then dye it yellow.  I think that would be faster and easier than painting black dots on the yellow fabric.  I will have to go back and look for the exact quality number for you.  Depending on how long you need the green hair, I would recommend you check Intercal for their 2" long white and dye it.  If it needs to be 3" long Schulte is the manufacturer of that one. 
Looks like a fun project!
Donna

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Looks like a fun project.  I have no knowledgable input, sorry, but I am intrigued.  I think Donna's recommendations are good. 
Keep us in the loop! :dance:

talesia Posts: 54

Hi, I saw them (Zakumi) mostly in major bank with us (South Africa) - mostly made sintetics (plush). But I looking forward to see your version from mohair. Good luck with creations.
Natalia bear_smile  bear_grin

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thank you all for your kind words.
Donna, thanks for pointing me to Intercal. I'll see if I'm able to maneuver on the site, I find it a bit confusing...

Hugs, Ariane

Fallenrose near Cologne

I took a look at Intercals Bargain Section and saw a white mohair with black spots, but I found the spots too big. Thus, I'll probably stick with my first plan and paint the dots on.
My Zakumi will only be about 20cm high, I'm not comfortable with bigger bears - I think it will go like that.
For the dying part for his mane: What kind of dye could you recommend me? Something that works well but doesn't cost a fortune maybe?

Thanks again, Ariane

Board footer