Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

I am being quite dense about something in Paypal..was going to accept payments thru  website but just cannot figure is out. Any advice on accepting payments in general?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

You can invoice people - your customer needs to send you their e-mail address, and you can then request money which e-mails them a link to their invoice and payment page on Paypal

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Deb do you know how to copy and paste html code?  If you want to put paypal buttons on your site, you create the code on the Paypal site and then paste it onto your site.

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

One word of advice I see this all the time at work. DO NOT send the item if it says the money is in escrow paypal does not do this the money isn't there. So many people are taken this way for the simplest things. Another way to pay is to give them the email address you have the account set up on. They can make a direct transfer to you that way. I've never recieved a payment this way but have made them. It always seems to work out. You however should send them an email afterward confirming you have the money to make them feel better as they won't see the product right away.

Fairfax,Vermont

Thanks everyone! Umm i believe i have pasted the button because i can see it on my site..but no matter what i do when i publish it .it just doesnt actually work. Im not even sure its the best way to accept payment..just seem easier than setting up an expensive credit card site.

Nicholasville, KY
Website

hmmm... yes I see the button on your site, but it is just an image - not a clickable button.  Maybe the best thing to do would be to have them email you if they want to buy a bear.  If they'd like to pay via credit card or Paypal - then send them an invoice (or "request money").

Also in addition with what Amber mentioned...if you are paid via check - WAIT until it CLEARS before sending the bear!

Fairfax,Vermont

So its not weird if i just leave it there as an image? Any though s on the new website? worked hard to make it simpler and less cluttered but still "me"  thanks for hte input!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Maybe on your "to order" page you should write something like ....

If you are interested in purchasing or have questions please E-Mail me at debtravers@....  Be sure to include you name, address, e-mail address and phone number, plus the name of the bear.

Accepted Payments Are: Personal Check, Paypal, and Master Card, Visa, Discover & American Express via Paypal. You do NOT need a Paypal account to pay via credit card.

Your bear will ship after your payment in full has cleared.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Great suggestions Laura!

I'm wondering, do you have to have a merchant account with PayPal in order to generate live buttons for your website? I do have a merchant account so can't try it without. There are fees involved on transactions like you'd pay for a credit card service but no monthly fee. It's quite affordable. Once you open a merchant account you can create custom "Buy now" buttons with instructions on how to insert them onto your web page. It takes reading and doing and some time but I find people are more apt to buy right then and there if they can rather than having to email back and forth. If you don't want to take the time to learn all that then adding the info similar to what Laura suggested on your "order" page is a great idea. On the listing page for each bear you could put at the end: "Click here for ordering information" with a link to your order page.

Nicholasville, KY
Website

I have a Premier account - I don't think it's a "merchant account".   When I log into my Paypal account I click on the Merchant Services tab to create my Paypal buttons.

Yes,  I DO think it's better to have separate Buy Now Paypal buttons on each bear.   It's the best solution if you are able to do it.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ok, so I went and looked at my PayPal account. I have a "business" account with the payment option of "website payments standard". The fees are the same for all three of their account options: Personal (for buying online only); Premier (for individuals buying AND selling online) and Business (for businesses conducting biz under their company name... offers more payment acceptance options).

Bottom line Deb.... if you have a personal account you can't create buttons for items on your website so be sure you have or upgrade to a premier or business account.

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

Just a thought on the Paypal buttons you can add to your site.  A while back I read somewhere that when
someone clicks the button on your site, the button does not disappear nor does it indicate anywhere that
the item has been sold.  So, at that time, there was the chance that more than one person could click the
button.  Not sure if that has changed since I first read that post, but I thought it would be good to know just in
case.  I guess you would need to keep a close eye on if a bear has sold.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kelly,
When the seller creates a PayPal button they have the choice to customize it so that on the "back end" (where only the seller sees) they can set the inventory quantity and once the item is sold out the buyer, when clicking on the paypal button, will be told the item is sold and then be redirected back to the artist's website to continue shopping. That way the item can't be sold more than once but the seller (artist) doesn't have to be right on top of updating their site to remove buttons. This has been an option with PayPal buttons for quite some time but it takes some clicking and searching to find where to set the inventory, etc. under the customization tab and many don't want to take the time or can't understand it all. But it can be done!
bear_original

Fairfax,Vermont

hmmmm...I do have a business account Daphne and am able to create the buttons . At one time they actually worked on my site!. Now I am being really dense about something,,,the linking it to the site part is what i have goofed up i think. I may have actually  used the websites link system before..just dont remember what i linked it too! I could just link it to Paypal s home page i guess. Laura you have been very patient with me!  Thank you!

Board footer