Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Everyone

Yes I'm on magazine deadline again and looking to do a feature on leather bears.......this is bears made form leather or with substantial leather features rather than real fur bears.

Please email to sandra@bearhug.com.au

So many of you have sent me emails asking where I am so just a quick update on me.

1/ Yes I am still editor of Australian Bear Creations and despite buying the books hop hope to continue on as editor....though time is tough to allocate to both .

2/ Yes the shop is going great and after 10 months I'm finally feeling like I'm getting a grip on and have finally got a feat mix of staff who are really taking some of the stress off me and I can take more time back for myself.

3/ It has been 18 months since I fell down the concrete steps in out front yard and crushed my right hand.Buying the book shop 10 months ago did not help my rehap. Picking up and moving big coffee table books plus boxes of books jus didn't help. I think my physio bought a second business on my fees alone!!!

So I was quite excited to finish sewing my first bear on months the other week. I sew all my bears by hand and though my hand was aching like made I got through it!!  My nose wasn't the best I;ve ever done and I really needed to stop half way which wrecked both my concentration and tension......I may have to go to felted noses for a while I think or polymer.....something I can take a break from half way.Or somehow make a feature of badly sewn noses......LOL

Anyway in the next few months I'm planning on more time back into bears and my crafts.

hugs
Sandra

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

great to hear you are getting back into the bear making Sandra.  It was one of your strange bears that first inspired me.  That sounds rude of me but I meant one of your 'cute' strange bears lol.

Board footer