Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

emmastephens Emma Stephens Crafty Creations
Gloucestershire

Do they exist? And if so, where can I get them?

I haven't been able to find any and I love the childhood memories of bears with growlers, so I'd love to include them in my work :)

Emma
xxx

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Emma,

I'm going to assume that they don't exist (based on the lack or responses from the mini-makers), and that makes sense to me because tilt growlers, at least, are gravity-operated. It's hard to imagine that a teeny-tiny one would work. (The smallest growler I have is still way too big for a mini, and the sound it makes is fairly high-pitched and of short duration.)

Might there be a squeaker that's small enough for a mini? Would you want a bear that squeaks?

Becky

Gloucestershire

Yeah I did wonder about that, I thought maybe something innovative might have been invented recently but I'm guessing not from the lack of replies :P

A squeaker might be fun, I might get some for my mice teddies :)

Thanks for your help Becky.

Emma
xxx

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

ive never seen any..i think it would be hard to make due to the size..a squeeker would work..or get one of those recordable things like in build a bear and record a growler on it. that could be cute!
Kerrilyn

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

or get one of those recordable things like in build a bear and record a growler on it. that could be cute!

Now there's a thought.... greeting cards already have the recordable capability for this.
Could you take one of those cards apart and insert that mechanism?

And there are many other standard greetings - Birthday/ Anniversary / etc, besides all of the specialty nostalgia and current music clips.
That might be a really novel new inclusion!

Gloucestershire

Great ideas! I hadn't thought of that  bear_grin

Emma
xxxx

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I was wondering if they made smaller growlers too. Most of my bears are around 10" tall and they are all to big for them.

I have tried to buy one of those recorded sound things from Build a Bear before though, and they won't sell them to you unless it is in one of their bears. I haven't tried them recently though, so maybe they have changed their policy.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Board footer