Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

When you finish a bear and see something that should have been different do you take it apart and redo it?  I finished a bear I really like but the legs are too loose...I tried to tighten them as much as I could but I think they should have been done with bolts instead of pins!

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

I take it apart and re-do it.  I've replaced joints that were too small, tightened limbs and replaced paw pads.

Sue

Missouri
Website

Thank you Sue.  I am sure I would not be happy unless I took him apart and redid his joints.  I even thought of wrapping yarn around the joint to tighten it but I just could not even try it!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I can not tell you how many times I have taken a fully stuffed bear apart to rejoint.  If the joints do not sit right or feel right I can not live with it.  I rejoint. 

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I agree - you just need to take a deep breath and re-do it.

I like to think that bear-making is a continuation of the process by which I'm learning to be veeeerrry patient. (Marrying my husband was the beginning of that process.  :crackup: )

Becky

Missouri
Website

Patience is what I am not full of!  You'd think after raising four children I would have lots of it but no....

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Yep, I had to do surgery on my avatar bear for loose leg joints.  Still, at least I've since learned to trim away all the fur over the discs on the joint, so I don't have the same problem again

Missouri
Website

I did trim the fur but I guess I am just not strong enough to use the cotter pin joints...I will try the bolts!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Ah, that was nut and bolts too, it's just the joints loosen a bit when the fur settles if you don't trim it, so I discovered!

Board footer