Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

This afternoon, I was busy at my computer when the door bell rang. I opened the window to ask who's there and saw a handfull of children, the oldest one with a wee kitty in her hands.
They explained me they were trying to know who that kitty belonged to and it looked like it was an abandonned one.

I went downstairs, called Malko and we went to see the children and kitty. They explained they could not keep the kitty and ask if we could look after him. He was so cute we did not resist.
We took him home and promised the children we would take great care of him. I invited them to come back in a few days to get some news about the kitty.

The kitty is obviously very very young. I would not be surprised he was still nursing. His eyes are still baby colour but beginning to change to greyish.
He (this is a boy) looks in good health and does not seem to have fleas ( :dance: ). We named him Osiris.
He eats well (I gave him cat milk and a little bit of "wet" cat food).
I will take him to the vet tomorrow afternoon to have him checked.

He is still shy but purs a lot when we pet him.
Our other cat Anubis does not look over pleased to see an intruder in HER house, but she will have to deal with that!

DSC08831_1.JPG

Osiris between my legs. That is the only photo I have so far. I will wait for tomorrow to take more.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Fallenrose near Cologne

Oh my gosh, what a little sweetheart *_*

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Adorable and you and Malko are so kind for taking him in.

emmastephens Emma Stephens Crafty Creations
Gloucestershire

Aww how lovely!
My poor kitty has had to go to the vets this evening for an abcess  bear_sad
Are you a fan of ancient Egypt? Very interesting names  bear_thumb

Emma
xxx

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

He is beautiful! What an interesting face. I bet he'll be a great love  bear_wub

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

He is so sweet.

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Oh what a sweet wee one!  Of course you had to adopt him!  What a lovely face he has!

karas bears Kara's Bears
Indiana

Soo cute! And love the names of both cats bear_wub

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Oh Sophie he is so sweet and adorable!  bear_wub I hope he brings you lots of joy - you are both so kind and lovely to take him in.
:hug:  :hug:

Mini Kitty Hugs, Ruth x

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub He's a keeper.  How can you resist that face.  Good luck with him and getting used to the other cat in the house.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Those children went to the right house!  bear_grin

He's completely adorable, and he does appear to be in good health. You might want to give your adult female some extra love and attention, and plenty of her favorite treats to eat.  (She might forget about being unhappy.  bear_tongue )

Enjoy your new friend!

Becky

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a sweet little boy, glad you were able to take him in

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

what a sweetie and you are a softy, what a lucky pair. xx

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website
TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

He is adorable and bless you for giving the sweety a home  :hug:  :hug:

MadScientwist Posts: 65
Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Who could resist a face like that?

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Those children must have known you wouldn't say NO, Sophie.   bear_smile

Well done; I am sure that the little kitten will have found a lovely home with you.  bear_wub

(I wouldn't have been able to resist him myself  bear_happy ).

Hugs,

Peter & the bears

Us Bears Pennsylvania

My first cat, "K.C.," was a short haired tabby like your new kitty.

I gave my cat "letters" instead of a name.  It was just K.C.
People used to ask me what "K.C." stood for and I told them it could be anything they want.  I had people calling him, "Kitty Cat," "Krazy Cat," "Killer Cat," "Kansas City-cat" and even "K.C. Jones."

When I took him to the vet for the first time, the girl asked me what my cat's name was.  I said, "Kay-See."  She started to write down "C-A-S-E-Y."  I said, "No, it starts with a 'K'."  So she scratched it out and started to write, "K-A-S-E-Y."  Finally, I said, "No, no!  Letter-K, then a period...  Letter-C then a period...  That's all."

K.C. the cat always seemed to like the fact that he had letters instead of a name.  It made him unique because the letters WERE his name.
Mind you, he didn't have initials because initials stand for something.  He just had letters that didn't have any special meaning unless you wanted them to.

There are all kinds of letters that could be great cat names. "B.B.," "C.C.," "D.D.," "J.J.," and don't forget the ever famous, "D.C."
("That Darned Cat" of Walt Disney fame!)

The next time I get a cat I'm going to call him "P.T." bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

What a cutie-pie he is! bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Sophie: What a cutie pie! What a lucky little fella he is to have found a good home!  bear_wub  :hug:

Board footer