Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I've just finished creating a slideshow and went to ask my computer guy to put it up on my website. Long story, but he has helped me for years and he feels he should at least be able to put what I give him into my website. I've learned a lot over the years and, in truth, I now know more about code and websites than he. But he's a nice guy and I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
Here's what I found out........I wish I had caught this sooner! I've just looked at how he placed things and never took the time to check his links. The text under my Bobcat, The title 'New kitten styles' under that, and even the TOBY title starting with The Stray, ALL connect/link with a page that has nothing to do with them! They all go to the same Moliere Siamese page. And this is all up at the top of my first page! Lately, I've been writing my Cat Gazette and sending lots of new people to see my website. They must think I've lost my mind. And no one told me! I guess they were afraid of the crazy lady  bear_rolleyes
Karen

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Well, you know what they say about the crazy cat lady  bear_whistle

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website
boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Haha Katy!   I was thinking the same thing - well, I'm one of those "Crazy Cat Ladies", too,  so it's easy to use the term loosely!  tee hee!
Poor Karen - maybe in your next Cat Gazette you can explain the situation?!!   
Hugs,
Janice

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Karen

That's too bad. Maybe in the next issue you should explain the situation and ask if someone finds something wrong if they can let you know.  Most people will just ignore links that don't work, but you will get someone that if asked to will be nice enough to let you know all isn't right.

Amber

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ack!  Hope everything is linked properly now.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

YES! It is done, and I will forget about the past and my website guy, too   bear_whistle Also I was able to add my new slide show to the page and I think I did a pretty good job with that. There is so much to keep track of when you're running a Teddy Bear business or any small business for that matter. Keeps us on our toes  :dance:
http://www.kjlyons.com/

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

P.S. What is cool about the slide show is that if you mouse over it you can stop the photo or go back and forth at your own pace. It's a free program and anyone can use it.

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Karen, would you mind sharing the link to the free slideshow program?  I would love to use it!  I used to use Powertoys for Windows XP but I no longer have XP and can't use it!  I tried to use Power Point but couldn't figure out how to get the photos to advance!   Your slide show is great!  Your website is beautiful!
Hugs,
Janice

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Great slide show!  Your cats look more real than my real cats, Karen!!!  Your talent is truly a gift from God! 

Cindy

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Karen, We've got two of your kittens....for fun we put them down on the floor around the corner from our cats.  We called our kitties and they stopped dead in their tracks!!!  One hunched up her back  trying to corner the "kitty"....it was hysterical!  But we have to put them away immediately....terrible things could happen to them if I left them out!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website
SillySu wrote:

Karen, We've got two of your kittens....for fun we put them down on the floor around the corner from our cats.  We called our kitties and they stopped dead in their tracks!!!  One hunched up her back  trying to corner the "kitty"....it was hysterical!  But we have to put them away immediately....terrible things could happen to them if I left them out!

Susie,
I don't think they could hurt them  bear_happy But they are repairable. I have a collector in Maine whom has had me repair two different cats at different times, that her puppy had chewed. I don't mind, made me smile, and the cats looked better than new when I finished.
Karen

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Thank you, Cindy. That was very kind of you to say that.
Karen

K Pawz Guest

Crazy cat lady strikes again  bear_tongue

hugs,
Krista

Board footer