Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I know someone who keeps alpacers and has their wool made up into yarn and socks and jumpers etc, would her just carded alpacer or yarn work needle felting  bear_wacko

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Estelle,
I think that would be wonderful wool to try and I am sure it would work just fine.  Alpca wool is the finest fiber known to man.  It may take a bit longer to felt down because of this but I think it would be worth a try.  I would start with a 32 needle for sure .

I used to own two alpacas but we donated them to abig  petting farm because I no longer had the time to give them.  I wish now that I had kept some of thier wonderful wool.

Let us know, please, how this works out for you.  bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

griz-1-Small.JPGgriz-4small.JPGHi Estelle, I have used Alpaca for felting and it works well, as Judi said use a finer needle.

It comes up so soft I think you will like the results, here is a photo of a bear that I used it on, I have used for both felting on mohair and on its own

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Karen, I remember that bear...such a pretty teddy. bear_wub  bear_wub  And the alpaca felting looks very nice!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

felted-bun-Small.JPGHere's  another felted with all alpaca, its a bunny, sorry the photo is not very clear, I need more light on the subject :redface:

Thanks also Judi on the comments, much appreciated

Board footer