Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Fallenrose near Cologne

Tuffi-sitzend.jpgTuffi-stehend.jpgFinally I found the time to upload some pictures of Tuffi, the Bear I created after the instructions given by Nancy Tillberg from Ebearz University!
I'm so proud of him, he is my second "big bear", 15 inches tall - and I'm very pleased with how he came out.

As I always wanted to try out Trapunto Toes but couldn't on my smaller bears, I decided to do it for Tuffi. I tried them on both his paws and foot pads - and they turned out gorgeous, well worth the hours of work I put into them. Also, he's able to stand  bear_shocked I wouldn't have thought this, having given that his foot pads aren't flat.... I put some weight into his tummy so this was a help, too.

I also put some white felt under his eyes to give them this sort of special feature.
As for his name.. this was my mom's idea. She named him like that when she first held him in her arms, legs/arms and head jointed to the body, but body not yet stuffed (her was sort of floppy then  bear_grin ), and I think it suits him very well.
Love his nose, too - it isn't quite perfect, but nearly - certainly the best nose I've done so far!

What else to say..? He's also the first bear I made out of mohair, I had so much fear to cut into this precious material....  :crackup: Otherwise I think I'll stay with smaller bears in the future - but will surely make some bigger ones once in a while

Hope you like him, Ariane

EDIT: Forgot to mention.. He started out as a girl, but in the middle of making his face and inserting his eyes, he told me he'd rather be a boy - how could I deny him this wish?  bear_happy  And he's soooooooooo proud of his pink fur!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You've made a bear to be proud of.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  (And those feet ARE gorgeous!)

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You have done a wonderful job!  Tuffi is a very handsome bear.

Joanne

ps Love the feet.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Ariane,

Its great to see Tuffi closer (couldn't see the detail on Ebearz).  You did a fantastic job :clap:.   His toes are amazing, I've never had a go at traputo toes before, these tooties have certainly encouraged me to have a go!    bear_thumb

Mohair is lovely to work with, I find its alot easier, especially if you are hand sewing. 

Which form of joints did you get in the end (I know like me you had to wait for them  bear_grin ).

Fallenrose near Cologne

Heyho,

I'm glad you like him!

Ali, I bought some cotterpin joints and was quite happy with them, although one arm is slightly harder jointed than the other one loool

Ariane

Karon Posts: 751

Just spotted your picture.

He is really sweet!

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hi Karon,

thanks for your nice comment  :hug:
It feels so nice to get all this positive feedback on my bears (although my pictures are quite blurry..will have to deal with that)

Hugs, Ariane

Board footer