Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

rsz_cimg0745.jpgHey Everyone

So I'm very pleased (over the moon) and proud to introduce William.
He is the first design that is completely aRTy Bears from start to finish, every limb, stitch and stuff. And he will be my BBAA entry for 'making 18 months and under'.

He's exactly what I was after, especially the head shape, and I'm so pleased.

He measures a whopping 22-23 inches and is made from a sparse Gold mohair. Black English Glass eyes, light shading and needle sculpting, scissor work to the snout, and claw detail to hands and paws. He is stuffed with polyfil (2 bags full :-O), steel shot to legs and belly and wood wool + wood wool polyfil mix to head. He also has a lovely little growler. Nose is hand stitched as always.

Hope you like him. Would love any feedback. Posting my piccies off on Monday and will let you know if I hear anything more. I think Shortlists are posted October/November time.

Richard
x

attachment.php?attachmentid=1387&d=1283623599

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Well done Richard, he came out beautifully!  I'm still working on mine - eek!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Yes I agree very well done!  I love that you stuffed your very traditional bear with wood wool.  I love the feel of a bear stuffed with that.  Best of luck with your entry.  William is beautiful!

Joanne

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow Richard, you really made a magnificent bear.     bear_wub

He is just perfect : the fur, the big nose, the shading around the eyes, the expression, ... , well everything !  :clap:

And I am so glad you decided to make a BIG BEAR : 22" - 23" is perfect for a great big hug.  I would love to get my hands on William (litterally speaking that is  bear_laugh ).  He is just the kind of bear I like (but you knew that already).

I am sure he will be a big success in het BBAA !

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thanks so much for your comments. It's so encouraging. I'm dying to work on this pattern some more now and make these my bears.
And Peter I tried to design my ideal bear for this project and as he was coming together I did at one point think.... Peter would probably like this bear too  bear_tongue so really pleased with you've commented! Not being too hopeful for BBAA's (pessimist that I am) but regardless I'm pleased, and that's all that really matters at this stage! Will keep you updated. Where do I store a bear this big until October though when the short lists are announced!?!? haha.

Richard
x

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Richard, William is such a handsome chap! Good luck for the BBAA, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you  bear_grin 

Oh I wouldn't ask where you would keep this bear out loud in front of Peter  bear_grin  you do realise Peter will be in this country next week for Hugglets and I'm sure he will be able to sniff you out!!!!!!!   :crackup:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Such a handsome bear, Richard! You've got good reason to be proud of your design, and I agree with you - the head is the best part, but the rest of him is a pleasure to behold as well.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Becky

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hello Richard,

I think everyone has already said what I wanted to say!  He is a super design so no wonder you are really proud of him, you have every right to be!  Good luck with the BBAAs.

Yes, watch out for Peter getting his hands on William - he likes to grapple with a big one!!!!!  :crackup:

Hugs

Marilyn

Rich1988 wrote:

Where do I store a bear this big until October though when the short lists are announced!?!? haha.

I'd be more than happy to store him for you at my house, Richard, but be warned (as Ali and Marilyn already pointed out) : you might not see him back !!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Peter & the bears

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Haha.... if you keep him amongst friends and hug him plenty (and if I can have him back if I'm shortlisted) then I would imagine your house is perfect for him. He's actually making friends with Gustav(allbear) at the minute on my bed, I think they're talking about what it's like to be big bears  bear_tongue and sharing tips on how to hug.
Thanks for your comments Ali, Marilyn and Becky (I can't believe Marilyn commented on one of my bears!! hehe - I loves yours - infact they were part of my inspiration).

Richard
x

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Richard, I love him! bear_wub Well done! :clap: He has a particularly appealing face. I love the second photo. He must be so lovely to carry around and hug. :hug:

Woohoo--good for you! And you should definitely enter the BBAAs!
~Debora and the Crew

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

He's lovely, Richard.  You must be absolutely delighted with him!!  Good luck with the BBAAs!

Hugs

Sue

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Richard,

Thank you so very much for your lovely comment on my bears, :redface:   (someone just emailed me and said to take a peek at your posting) but I think it will be you that will be inspiring people!   Your sweet comment has meant such a lot to me, especially after the horrid week I have just had.  Thank you so much.

Hugs,

Marilyn

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hi Richard

I think you have done a smashing job on your bear and I just love the size  :clap:  Well done.

Raewyn

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

William's truly wonderfu, Richard!  I love his expression and (of course) his size.  The color's just right for him, too.

Sue

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

What a lovely bear you have created Richard, really like him, good luck with the competition I am sure he will do well  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

.....................see you at Hove, hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats, see you in Hove too  bear_original

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thanks Katy. As everyone has probably guessed from that post William was nominated in his BBAA category!! Arrghhh! I am so so so so thrilled. Can't tell you how excited and how blooming nervous now too. The Judges have to touch one of my bears up close and scrutinise everything and I'm petrified haha! But honestly so so so thrilled. How can I be nominated? I only started sewing a few months ago.... oh so excited. Congrats to everyone else who was up there. Sue Jennings, Ruth of Flutter By, Sue of Fenbeary, Vikki of Baggley, Marilyn/Barling.... OK there's too many of us to mention on here but congrats to everyone. See you all in December.

Richard
x

Well done Richard !!  :clap:

You seem a bit excited ...  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

It is truly well deserved; William is a magnificent bear (and one that I wouldn't mind having in my hug  bear_whistle ).

Peter & the bears

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

How can I decide who to hug first in Brighton - you or William!!!  bear_grin  I knew you could do it Richard .... better get yourself some Bach remedies
before December; so you can think calm thoughts! Congratulations  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:

Ruth x

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thanks Peter and Ruth. And haha is that a hint Peter? I'm going to see what happens in December before making any decisions with William but if I ever make a similar bear (and I plan to make plenty) I'll be sure you're the first to know!!
As for Hugs.... a group one sounds like a good idea, no one left out then? We can squeeze in your little one and the group set up too... which I'm dying to see!
Eek... is it December yet?  bear_tongue

Richard
x

Board footer