Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

We have adopted a new fur baby from our local shelter today, he has to be neutered so we can't pick him up until Tuesday  bear_cry
He is such a cutie, the little guy is matted and dirty...........Tiffs groomer will fix that bear_original  He will need our Vet to clean his teeth, I wanted it done with they neutered him, but the clinic said they don't have the machine to clean them and we did not get to pick who did the neuter.............he is 5 yrs old and he looked up at me with those teddy bear eyes and that was that.............he does not even know how wonderful and how loved he will be bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Cooper.jpg

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

He's a real cutie.  A mini schauzer is what he looks like.  Is he purebred?   I wonder how Tiffany is going to feel about sharing.

Hugs,
Alison

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes he is a mini schnauzer,  and so sweet, it may take Tiff some time, but I think she will warm up to the idea! I told her she would have to teach him everything she knows...  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Adorable!  Can't imagine how he wound up in a shelter . . . you are his angel!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Oh Tami, he is just scrumptious....how could you not love that sweet face! A friend has a mini Schnauzer and he's a sweetheart.

There are so many poor little souls left at shelters, I just wish more people were like you, and had a look there first when buying a new pet.....I bought both my Harry & Cooper dog + Bridget cat from our local shelter and they are the most loving animals..I think when you take them from a place like that they bond even more closely with you, they know you've saved them.  He is such a lucky boy, he doesn't know it yet, but he soon will.... bear_grin

Little Tiff will have her nose out of joint for awhile,  but they'll sort things out between them.

I hope he brings you much joy and he'll love you forever for saving him.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thanks so much, his name is Cooper! The shelter named him that and we are keeping it...Mini Cooper  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_wub  bear_wub What a cutiepie! Cooper is such a perfect name for him! Once he's been to the groomer Tiff won't be able to resist him, he's so handsome! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!!!

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb Good for you Tami for giving him another start in life which he is going to think is so wonderful with you to spoil and pamper him. Once he is all clean and smartened up Tiff is going to have a hard job at not being his friend  bear_grin  It may take a little time for Tiff to get use to him or they just may hit it off straight away. Just a suggestion but maybe you could introduce them to each other on neutral ground - somewhere outside and then bring them into your home together.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing more pictures of him and the name Cooper suits him very nicely  bear_original

Densteds Densteds
Website
TamiL wrote:

Thanks so much, his name is Cooper! The shelter named him that and we are keeping it...Mini Cooper  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Great name Tami....my dog is also named Cooper!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Tami, that is wonderful. What a lucky boy Cooper is to have a new mum and dad and a big sister too. I hope Tiffani is happy being a big sister, she may feel unhappy for a while , but I feel sure she will love having Cooper to play with. Well done you on adopting him, one less little angel saved from a shelter. Please share loads of pictures once he's at home and looking as gorgeous as you keep Tiff.

Hugs, Jane.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

puca bears puca bears

Good for you Tami........and lucky little Cooper.........a brand new HAPPY life awaits him
big hugs
Maria

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh, what a lucky little pup!  Did you tell him all about how you would spoil him with birthday parties and everything?  He won't know what's hit him lol  Hope you all have a wonderful life together

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Well done Tami !!  :clap:

Cooper looks very cute and I can see why you couldn't resist taking him in.  bear_smile

I wonder if he is prepared for the shock ... coming from a shelter into your home, being spoilt and pampered  bear_grin   he will soon get used to that.  :dance:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

MZemeski Posts: 151

Cooper is adorable!! His coat is a beautiful color! Tif will probably be jealous at first but she will be fine once she sees she's not being replaced. Also, I think it's good he's a male not another female.  :rose: Glad you adopted a shelter baby!!  :thumbsup: Let us know how it goes and take pictures of him after he's been home with you awhile. Good Luck & Congrats!!

Hugs,
Melissa

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

He's gorgeous Tami! bear_wub
How come something as adorable as him ended up in a shelter?
Poor little boy but little does he know what a fab life he's going to have from now on.......!! :hug:
Hope his op goes well & please give him a hug from me?
Julia xx

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
WoozieJu wrote:

He's gorgeous Tami! bear_wub
How come something as adorable as him ended up in a shelter?
Poor little boy but little does he know what a fab life he's going to have from now on.......!! :hug:
Hope his op goes well & please give him a hug from me?
Julia xx

I agree, he is so sweet, he has a micro chip so he was a loved pet at one time. It is sad that we will never know, but I plan on giving him an ABOVE happy life now! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Cooper is cute!  I'm so glad you got  a rescue dog.  Cooper is lucky because he will be so loved and well-taken care of.  My mom had a male and female rescued cocker spaniel and they were so cute together.  They did everything together and loved each other.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Tami: what a wonderful thing you are doing to adopt a dog who needs a home. I know he will be the luckiest dog to be with your family. He is such a cutie pie. The world needs more people like you in it.  :hug:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Congrats on your new family member, Tami!  He is absolutely adorable and since I drive a Mini Cooper, I love his name, too!
Hugs,
Janice

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Thats fantastic Tami  :hug:  :hug:  he looks very sweet good on you for taking in a rescue dog my Collie X Ziggy is a resuce dog originally a pound puppy and he is the most loving dog and very protective and inseparable from Busta my beagle they hit it off right from the start hope Tiff and Cooper do too. You must be so excited and counting the days.

Hugs
Raewyn

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I was emailing a lady on my face book that is a volunteer at the shelter that I adopted Cooper from, I asked her if she knew anything about how little Cooper ended up at the shelter and was asking about his micro chip................she told me the shelter contacted his family and told them he was there and they said to keep him they did not want him anymore   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
I know that is what happens to 75% of the dogs and cats at a shelter, but it did make me cry bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry , I guess it just hit close to home since I'm adopting him...How could someone have a fur baby for 5 years then turn their back on him????  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

He is a real cutie! I know he will be one happy dog for the rest of his days with you as his new mom!
Beth

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awwww he's adorable, lucky little guy to be living with you.  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Tami wrote: How could someone have a fur baby for 5 years then turn their back on him????

You know Tami, a coworker of mine adopted two cats (sisters) and she said the owner gave them up because they lost their house and could not afford to keep them. I think with this economy, many have to give up their pets to the shelters (thank God it's a shelter and not the streets).  Though if were me, I would figure out a way to keep my little furies with me. In fact nothing would possess me to give them up.  I'd go without a lot of things to keep them. Who knows what Coopers owners are going through? At least Cooper will have a loving home....

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Tami, did you find him through Save a Dog on fb? I see all the cute ones you post. My next dog will be a rescue....wish I could take them all.

Board footer