Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

ben_sm_blog.jpgI'm so pleased to introduce you to my "oldie" bear, Ben.

Ben_Guild.jpg

Ben is 11.5 inches tall and made from a vintage upholstery mohair that my mom found one day. It was tough to sew up, but it is nice and soft. Ben is the second bear I've made in an "aged" style. It is tough to be brave with the aging process with a sweet, trusting little face looking up at you!

Ben now lives with my mom and dad on New Avenue. I really like thinking of him living there!

To see more photos of Ben and hear more about him, come along and visit my blog:
New Avenue Crew

Hope you like him!
~Debora

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Aw Debora...I just adore the old 'uns and he is just lovely.  He looks a much bigger...I guess it's all that personality!

Hugs

Sue

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Aawww you know what I'm going to say hehe, I love him. He's fab. But agree with Sue he does look much bigger than the 10.5 inches he is. The face is fantastic but I also love the big feet and well done with the waistcoat.... esp. for a first. How sweet that he lives on New Avenue too. Nice find by your Mum with the fabric  bear_original

Richard
x

Website

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Sue and Richard! They mean a lot to me. I am tickled that you like Ben! bear_smile When I was finishing him up, I found myself carrying him on my hip like one would carry a little child...he's small, but his arms and legs were just right to hold on a bit. bear_happy

Bear hugs to you! :hug:
~Debora

Densteds Densteds
Website

What a fine boy! I love the old style bears, he's great Debora

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Your parents are going to treasure this bear.  bear_wub  (The little hole in his foot pad is a sweet touch.)

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

It's really uncanny, Deborah, but "Ben" looks a lot like a bear I had when I was a small boy.
And he was called "Ben" as well, because back then we loved watching the "Gentle Ben" show on TV.  bear_smile  It was made in the late sixties. (long before your time  bear_whistle )

I really love this bear and I am sure your parents will love him as well.  Maybe they remember the TV show too ?

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

gentle_ben1.jpg

Website

Denise, Becky, and Peter, thank you for your generous comments. I'm so glad you like Ben! bear_smile

Peter, I love that you had a bear named Ben and that he resembled the one I created. That is so neat--you must have fond memories of your bear. bear_wub  I vaguely remember Gentle Ben...I think there must have been some reruns on TV when I was young (I was born in 1968, so it's likely I saw some episodes in the '70s). I'm sure my parents would remember it.

I take a lot of inspiration from my childhood on New Avenue for my creations. I've been sketching a lot lately and jotting down notes as I remember things. Seemed like a simpler time...and more warm and fuzzy somehow.  bear_flower

Hugs to you all! :hug:
~Debora

Board footer