Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kidsandteddy The kids and teddy too
Lincoln Ca.

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a web site company that does not charge a monthly fee and would be easy to update on my own. Right now it seems as though I do most everything through my Blog and was thinking of either giving up my web site or trying to find a company that does not charge a monthly fee.
Any feedback would help...

Thanks so much,
Bonnie

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Bonnie, so nice to see you on here, hope you have been doing well  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi Bonnie!

I think you should try with http://www.webs.com

This is really very easry to use. You do not need to pay unless you want to get rid of the adds on top of you website pages. Now if you use Firefox, you will not even see these adds!

Just have a look and see!

I used it for my own website and am happy with it.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I use webs too and it's great  bear_thumb

TreacleBears Treacle Bears

Hi Bonnie
I use a website company called www.wix.com
I did my website using this company.  It is totally free and I have not paid a penny.
Have a look at my website to see what I mean : www.treaclebears.com
You can build up your website yourself, or you can use the templates which are provided... its easy!
Nicky x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I use Yola, have for years. Very easy to build and maintain.  Can have as many pages as I want for free.  No adds. 
I do pay to have my .com.  You can get that too for free, but I think it probably has Yola attached to it.  There are directions on how to have your domain name pointed to your site, they are easy to follow.

Joanne

Kidsandteddy The kids and teddy too
Lincoln Ca.

Thanks so much for the information everyone. I will do some checking to see what will work best for me.  :hug:

Bonnie

clare14 Country Bears
England

I use webs too, it does and has everything I want and is really easy (has to be for me lol!!) would recommend it   bear_original

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I have heard of some people using a blog now for their main website because blogs (particularly Blogger) now offer separate pages like a website would. Ask Daphne; I think she said she has her events site built on Blogger and has tinkered with the HTML to get what she wants. And Blogger is free; you would just need to pay for your domain name.

~Debora

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

My partner is a web developer so I get all mine free. lol
its not up and running yet because I'm new to designing but it will be up and running very shortly.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've checked out some of the links that have been provided above to free web building services and I've checked out your websites and I must say that I'm very impressed with the services available out there now! I've bookmarked a couple for use in the future!

I taught myself web design nearly 10 years ago before these services were available. I build my site with FrontPage. Recently I wanted to streamline a website for all of the shows I organize and wanted a clean professional look that was super simple to update so as Debora said above, I created a site using www.Blogger.com. There are limitations though and it takes some working knowledge of both Blogger and HTML. But it can be done and if you already have a blog on Blogger you might find it quite easy. Plus it's free and no ads! Here's my site: www.backroadevents.net

If you have no blogger or html experience/knowledge I'd go with one of the sites mentioned above!

Board footer