Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi dear friends!

Yesterday evening, we just got an email from Malko's cousin saying she will come around with her son for a few days from the 24th of october. As I promised a teddy bear to her son (who is a teddy bear lover), I have to be fast making him one. Oh, please, do not laugh, I am not like some of you who can make a teddy bear in one or two days. i am pretty slow.

I chose a black synthetic fur, and orange colour for his nose and paw&foot pads.

Do you think there would be something odd in giving that bear blue eyes?

Many thanks,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS : argh, I must stop my knitting... I was busy playing with my loom to make hats.

Andrea Artemis bears
Devon

Hi I've done a black bear with blue eyes before and it looked lovely you may need to put a circle of White felt behind them to make them stand out a bit more or they can disappear in to the fur

Andrea

Fallenrose near Cologne

I think it will look lovely, too, although it depends on the shade of orange you use. You might want to sew the head and stitch the nose and then hold the eyes in front of it to see how it looks to you

Hugs, ariane

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

I think it would be just great with blue eyes, and with the orange nose it could be sort of a halloween bear, besides, kids love bright colors and I think it will be a good combination.
Give us a look when its done.
Hugs pat bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Blue eyes would look great.  bear_thumb

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Some cats have black fur with blue eyes.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks, dear friends.

I already made a black bear with blue eyes. It is just that I do not know what to think about putting together blue eyes and apricot orange nose on a black bear.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Sure it would work  bear_original

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Artistically, it would work for me but it's up to the individual artist to decide.

However, in terms of real creatures that have black fur, the nose is usually dark or slightly lighter than the fur.  Gray or light brown.  A pink or flesh colored nose would be all right, I suppose.

I think I'd have to see a Bear to fully visualize the concept.

Last time I checked we still lived in a free country.  Make the Bear as you see fit!  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Go for it, Sophie!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks, dear friends!

You know how much I love playing with colours, hehehehehehe! I am not trying to get anything like the real bear look. They are teddy bears, more toy-like than realistic.

I will show you the result, of course.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer