Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Well, i am happy to be good enough in English to be able to manually translate my website.

I wanted to have fun and show you an example of what can this translator do with the description of my bear Pipin:

Just enjoy:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Here Pipin. It is in German mohair. It is a mohair gilded with the short hair (5 mm) and scattered. Its bearings are in ultra-Sweden. I embroidered his nose and his mouth with maroon twisted cotton. I made him claws as logists black pearls of rubble. It entirely is articulated using joints of sureté. It has eyes of sureté black. It is stuffed of buckled dense polyester. It measures 32 cm. I have it vêtu of a green baize kilt, of a doubled matched suedine chestnut cape just as his hat. I bent on the kilt and the cape of the yellow and maroon baize reasons. I attached a small suedine purse to him to his kilt. It has a collar with its first name. It has grelots in its ears.

http://www.freetranslation.com/
Here Pipin.  It is in German mohair.  This a mohair gilded to the hair runs (5 mm) and sparse.  Its cushions are in extremist-sweden.  I embroidered his nose and his mouth with devious cotton chestnut.  I did for him claws in logues appear black rocks.  It is completely articulated to the assistance of joints of sureté.  It has eyes of black sureté.  It is padded dense curled polyester.  It measures 32 cm.  I clothed it of a kilt in green feutrine, of a matching cape doubled of suédine chestnut just like his hat.  I sewed on the kilt and the cape of the motives in yellow feutrine and chestnut.  I attached for him a small stock market in suédine to his kilt.  It has a necklace with his first one to name.  It has grelots in its ears.

You will find a better one soon on my website, promised!

Oh dear! So poor translations! so funny to read! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

the name bablefish came from a british sci-fy comedy Hitchikers guide to the galaxy I think they must be trying to keep the comedy going  :doh:  bear_grin It is a shame though for others not as good at English as Sophie some websites must be very funny

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Devious cotton - where can I buy that? bear_wacko

and How did you manage to fix a stock market to his kilt bear_laugh

That's great - thanks for sharing

:hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's soo funny

Its cushions are in extremist-sweden??? What is that eh?? LOL  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wonderful stuff, Julia!! Actually these translations remind me of some of the stuff my students send me . . . bear_wacko

Eileen

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Grelots in it's ears??!!! Ouch!!!  bear_grin  bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

One of my favorite book series....the Hitchikers Guide.....I have actually used the answer to the meaning of life with psychotics

In the book the answer to the question 'what is the meaning of life?"  is "42"

If you get a psychotic telling you that the voices are telling him to do stuff just tell him not until he hears the answer to the question....he will ask what question and you tell him "What is the meaning of life?"

Now one time I told the psychotic person that the question would be whisperhed and would only be asked once.

He was very very quiet for a long time.....Another psychotic went around the rest of the day mumbeling the question to himself.

But at least they weren't screaming any more.

a drugless temporary fix.

Sophie, I loved the translations.....

Not unlike instructions for things coming from the orient

I also love drugless fixes to some of life's more perplexing questions

dilu
dilu

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Oooh Sophie - I am soo soo dim - I thought these translation engines were okay - oh dear how wrong can anyone be - I can see by your example that they are amusing at very best .
I have used them in the past - I thought I was soo clever to have found one - oh you must think I am a silly old mouton qui perdu sa tete - or did I just say something very silly ??
I will look forward to reading your site as well as seeing the lovely bear pictures  bear_flower - did I mention before I love the baby bears like your avatar :clap:  :clap:
:hug:  :redface: Anne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Anne, you don't have to feel guilty!
You are forgiven!
I don't think we can find perfect automatic translators. that is why we still need humans for the job!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer