Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Here is the film of theScottish Bear Fair on Sunday - as you can see, a wonderful time was had by all, and there were some fabulous bears there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIBE9iqy-M

Hugs

Dawn

P.S. There is a funny looking woman at 7.04 !!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Love the video, Dawn . . . a superb way of showing the overall effect of the show!  Terrific, imaginative creations from a bunch of talented artists and looks like everyone was having much fun!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Damn you, Dawn, for showing us this video !   bear_laugh

Now I feel awful that I wasn't there  :crackup: .

Seriously, I am glad that lots of bears (for the WSPA and yours of course) found new homes and that there was a good crowd.  (On the video it often looked like there weren't many people, but they did a great job on filming the bears  :clap: ).

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
peterbear wrote:

Damn you, Dawn, for showing us this video !   bear_laugh

Now I feel awful that I wasn't there  :crackup: .

Seriously, I am glad that lots of bears (for the WSPA and yours of course) found new homes and that there was a good crowd.  (On the video it often looked like there weren't many people, but they did a great job on filming the bears  :clap: ).

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

It was one of my favourite types of fair Peter. It never got over-crowded, however, the people that did come were all very serious about bears. They were very friendly, and I didn't see a single person leave without buying a bear. People cam in steadily throughout the day. There was also a lovely cafe there so a lot of the people were in there tucking into rolls and chocolate while the filming was going on.
Everybody came round all the tables several times which meant that there was time to really talk to the collectors, and for the collectors to choose their bear without feeling pressured by time constraints.

Everyone that I spoke to had a great day, and without exception everyone wants to do the fair again. I have a feeling that this fair will grow into a very busy fair, whilst keeping it's intimate quality. The venue was beautiful.

I had a particularly good day for WSPA and had to smile as one woman kept coming back to see a Hugs Unlimited Panda, but couldn't make her mind up between him and another bear in the show. Eventually, she chose the other bears - however I was surprised and delighted to find out that the other bear was one of the more expensive bears on the WSPA table that Chris was looking after.  bear_flower  bear_flower

Hugs

Dawn

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What fun! All the bear necessities in one place.  bear_original

Becky

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I'll have to tell my friend Jo her dragon made it onto the film, she's famous  bear_grin   It was a lovely fair, so glad I was able to make it in the end.

Glasgow

BTW, it's a shame he didn't capture the guy that bought your Paddington from the WSPA stall, he was clutching him so tightly in case he ran away!

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
rowarrior wrote:

BTW, it's a shame he didn't capture the guy that bought your Paddington from the WSPA stall, he was clutching him so tightly in case he ran away!

I know, it really was love at first sight wasn't it. I think the filming was done around lunch time - most of the people were in the cafe then .  I'm glad you had a good time. I really enjoyed myself, sometimes the more intimate fairs can work just as well as the really large ones. The atmosphere was brilliant - everyone seemed to be smiling all day. Thank you for helping to sell the big Fluffy guy. I wsa expecting to maybe sell smaller bears, but it was the biggest one that got most of the attention. Zapyrus is looking forward to seeing you in Sheffield.

Hugs

Dawn

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
rowarrior wrote:

I'll have to tell my friend Jo her dragon made it onto the film, she's famous  bear_grin   It was a lovely fair, so glad I was able to make it in the end.

Lynn has booked the venue for next year - 6th November, I think she will have booking forms at Sheffield - maybe see you behind the tables next year. x

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Ooo, thank you for sharing this, Dawn! What fun to feel like I was there!  bear_smile

Glasgow
Dawn J wrote:
rowarrior wrote:

Lynn has booked the venue for next year - 6th November, I think she will have booking forms at Sheffield - maybe see you behind the tables next year. x

She signed me up on the way out the door lol

Valentina Milan, Italy

"I wish I waaaaas a tedd beear" bear_whistle
That song keep coming back in my head!

Very cute film, thanks for sharing
Best
V.

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Aww.

I watched this at work yesterday -- great way to spend the afternoon, and so many teddies.  :) :)  I hope everyone had fun, and I am pleased to hear there were lots of bear adoptions.  :)

Thanks to whomever created the video -- I wish/hope more venues to do this, it's great for those who can't attend such places, but can at least see all the great teddy bears.  :)

-- Thomas

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

That was great. I almost felt I was there in person!! Thanks for posting it.  :clap:

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
ThomasAdam wrote:

Aww.

I watched this at work yesterday -- great way to spend the afternoon, and so many teddies.  bear_original bear_original  I hope everyone had fun, and I am pleased to hear there were lots of bear adoptions.  bear_original

Thanks to whomever created the video -- I wish/hope more venues to do this, it's great for those who can't attend such places, but can at least see all the great teddy bears.  bear_original

-- Thomas

Hi Thomas
It was a local on-line TV station. Coast TV - they heard about the event and asked if they could film it.
Hugs Dawn

Majonbär Majon-Bär
north part of Germany

Hi Dawn, thank you for showing us this wonderful video. Absolutly great :clap:  bear_wub  :clap:

Board footer