Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Man, I am so sick of receiving junk e-mails from paypal saying that I need to update my record, or I have extended my limit and things like that.   bear_angry  I have been getting some from ebay too. I know that they are just "spoofs", but I really am tired of them. I probably get up to 10 or so a day.
I was wondering if anyone else has been getting them too?

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I get them often also and don't even bother forwarding them off to "spoof anymore ,I just delete them.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yepm, youre not alone Roxanne.....I don't even bother to read them.  I figure I am on paypal often enough that they could leave a message there if they have something real to tell me.

dilu

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, I get a ton of them.
I use to send them back as spoof too, but now I just delete them.  bear_wacko

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Roxanne, mine seem to have slacked off, but I did have a very strange thing happen.
On one of my other ebay ID's I started to get questions from buyers about a Ski Doo and a Yamaha, asking me what size engine (motor? does anyone know the difference?)  anyway, when I clicked on the auction it wasn't there, but obviously the questions came thru an auction using my id.
So I sent them to ebay and they took it very seriously.  I don't know what happened, they said they would let me know.
I will have to wait and see.  This is the first time that has ever happened to me.
Nancy

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

wow Nancy, that is kinda weird..
I have even received letters through ebay from a "seller/buyer" asking "Where is my item I purchased from you?" and "Where is the payment you owe me?" When I check out the item number, there is no such auction. The first couple times it happened to me I "freaked". But now I just know that they are spoofs.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, I receive them every day.  Sometimes I forward them to 'spoof' - sometimes I just delete them . . . depends on my mood.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

I KNOW, Roxanne...it really freaked me out too.  I have to go check my email and see if I have heard anything.
It does seem that the spoofs are on the rise.
These people need to get a real job...like making teddy bears !!! bear_grin
nancy

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I have also been receiving them from Paypal and e-bay. When I try to forward them to spoof@e-bay.com the message comes back from the postmaster that it was undeliverable???? So now I just delete them
Hugs
Gail

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I was getting lots of them too but i started bouncing them back and blocking them and they gave up and everything  is great now .

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

yes I get them also ....... but don't even bother to look at them just delete ... I was getting up to 40 emails a day from the National Bank wanting details I knew they had to be spoofs then it was Westpac bank every time I logged in there was 10-12 emails I get sick of them ...... it has stopped now thank goodness

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, I've been lucky,

Maybe it's just that I've been dormant on ebay lately, but I haven't had any spoof emails.

I wonder what the point is of asking a question about an item that doesn't excist?

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Yes, I get them on a regular basis too. I've only gotten one that was similar to what Nancy and Roxanne were talking about though. Sometimes, I forward it to ebay or paypal, and sometimes I just delete it. I don't even have to open them anymore to know if it's spoof or not. That's pretty sad. I agree that spoof seems to be on the rise, but I also think maybe that's because they aren't getting so lucky anymore. People are becoming more informed and aware of this kind of stuff.

Gail, are you typing the address correctly when you send the email? It should be spoof@ebay.com. There's no hyphen in it.

Board footer