Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

phpNRYgidAM.jpgattachment.php?attachmentid=1476&d=1290703871

Hey Everyone,

So I am sooo slow at making bears I know, but I have had this done a week, just been trying to find time to take reasonable photographs.

Sam is a whopping 22 inches made from a lovely, slightly wavy, blonde mohair. The photos really don't do it justice, it's a gorgeous colour and is really soft. He has been carefully scissor and needle sculpted with English Black Glass Eyes and one of my big hand embroidered noses. He has wool felt paw pads and has been stuffed with Polyfill, Polyfill/Woodwool mix in his head, with a pouch of steel shot deep in his belly for added weight. In addition, he has a traditional millboard growler which makes a beautiful sound.
He has been completely designed and made by me, with nut and bolt joints for all the limbs and a classic cotter pin for the head.
He's actually based on my 'William' design which has been nominated for a BBAA this year.
He is beautifully finished with a classic red ribbon.
Sam would love a hug and a new home and is actually available for adoption.
If anyone is interested please drop me an e-mail or PM for further details. He is £200 including deliver to the UK.

Hope you all love him.

Richard
x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a lovely big guy.  Good luck at the BBAAs, see you there  bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

"Sam" looks great, Richard.  bear_thumb
The fur really does look very soft and huggable and I love his "serene" expression.  bear_wub
I think it's wonderful that you make such big bears (not enough artists make them anymore  bear_sad ), even tough it takes you a long time to finish one; but it certainly shows your attention to detail !  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

He is fabulous........................I love him  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thanks Guys, you're fab.
And I agree Peter, I love huge bears... hence why I indulge and make them all the time hehe.

(PS. Sue, I'm finally making use of that Sassy hehe, will let you know how I get on).

Richard
x

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hello Richard,

He looks a handsome fellow!  I like the mohair a lot as the light colour and shorter length helps to highlight the design
of the bear.  I bet you are chuffed to bits with him!!

See you in a little while!

Hugs

Marilyn x

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Ooo, I like Sam, Richard! I can see that you're enjoying your creating. bear_thumb  I also love that you make large bears. I have recently made one that's about 14.5 inches tall and find that I like to hug him and carry him around.  bear_smile  I must get braver and make a larger version. Though I enjoyed making my 8-inch bears for the most part, I'm finding that I enjoy making the larger guys more...and my eyes are much more cooperative, LOL! bear_laugh

~Debora

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Sam is a delightful fellow. I love his fur.  It suits him perfectly.   Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Sue

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Sam looks like he would be wonderful to give a great big bear hug to. That mohair looks wonderully soft!
Big bears are fun to make!
Beth

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thanks everyone! So pleased you like him and yes Marilyn I'm thrilled and am glad I went for a thinner fur to show off the design a little hehe.
And Marilyn and Sue.... see you in 2 weeks hehe! Eek, very excited.

Richard
x

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Whoa ..... that made my stomach do a flip-flop!!!  Golly, I was thinking we had three weeks to go but you're right, only two!!!  I've got to try and cross the country to retrieve my bear from a customer for the BBAA so just hope that we don't get snowed in and can't do anything about it!!!

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else too.

Hugs to all,

Marilyn x

Board footer