Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh dear, juges will have a hard task! so many great bears!
I don't manage to decide which ones I prefer among the ones shown in the showcase thread!!!

By the way, is there any website when we can see all the entries and the artists participating?

I am so proud of you all!
and so happy to have so great friends!!!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

so a big hurrrrah for all participants and their bears!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aren't you a sweetie.  Thanks for the nice words, Sophie.  There are so many pretty ones cropping up, aren't there? People really pull out all the stops for these contest pieces, because the competition is fierce, and it costs a lot of money to enter!!!

I don't think there's any way to see every entry in each contest, but once the nominations have been made for these big contests, you will be able to see the nominated pieces on the web and in the magazines.  The nominees are usually posted online in the spring as either a list, or a list with photos attached.  Plus, the magazines publish their nominees in a spring or summer issue, so that the public can vote on their favorite and determine the ultimate "winner."

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sophie is absolutely right.  I just looked in the showcase and first was feeling sorry for myself as I looked at all the amazing creations and talent .  Then I started to feel inspired !   I am so glad I'm not a judge , I could never chose a winner. They are all incredible.   Wll done everyone !!!!!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, where can I see all the bears?
Thanks ahead of time,

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

TEDDY-TALK-BARNYARD.jpgTami & everyone.... here are a few entries from TEDDY TALK that will be "competing" against one another in one particular category -- the soft sculpture/plush animal category.

We might be head to head, but we're still a great team!

Enjoy!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

You gals are all so very very talented! I agree, you all deserve a Toby!!!   I love your little barnyard scene, Shelli!!! The critters all look fab all together!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You love your photoshop eh Shelli!! LMAO

Yeah really guys, I know that some of you may think you have no chance, but you don't see your work as someone else does. I honestly don't know who I would pick as my favorite, I can't believe the talent you guys have!!
Maybe you'll all win something.....at least if I had my way.

Now, I'm  off to draw a bunny pattern.

Good luck guys!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Sophie is so right! You are all deserving of awards!

Very cute pic, Shelli!

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

OK, it's official ...Heather is a Judge!!  :hug:
Thank you girls, each and everyone.
I have to tell you it was worth entering just for the fun we are having and to be including in all this madness!
Love the barnyard Shelli...that could be a new avatar. :dance:
hugs,
nancy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

psichick78 wrote:

You love your photoshop eh Shelli!! LMAO

Yeah, but Heather... I KNOW you know how THAT goes.

Last night at B&N I spotted this great "Focus Guide" for PhotoShop that's specifically about text, and text effects.  And it came with a CD that has -- listen to this -- 2032 fonts!  Yes, you read that right; 2032 fonts.

Who on earth needs 2032 fonts?

(Umm...... ME!)

Will be installing them... NOW!

Laughing here...

Hey, Shelli...how do you do that quote thingy?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Nance... go to the post you want to quote, and click on QUOTE in the bottom right corner of that post.

Then, DELETE the parts you don't want to quote... making sure to leave the bbcode tags intact.  You'll recognize them; they look like

[quote][/quote]

:dance:  makes sense to me!  Thanks Shelli

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

You are all Winners in my eyes, so creative!
You should be very proud  :clap:

They are all just adorable.
Good luck everyone

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shelli..that photo deserves a prize!!!  Do you mind if I print it for myself?  It is just toooooo cute!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh it's a gorgeous photo.  Iw il lget there one day when I have clocked up the hours Shelli has.

Can i print it too please?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Sorry... have been out most of the afternoon/evening.  Yes you can print it, but wait until I reload it with Brenda's raccoon in it as well.  Coming soon... later tonight.  Can't leave any critters out of the barnyard.

bear_original

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I have a feeling that I, myself, entered TOBY!!! You share your work and thoughts and I want to thank you all for letting us to see these wonderful critters!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Your works are fabulously amazing creative and with lots of soul in them.. Good luck girls  bear_wub

HUggs, Julia :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Okay, pic is good to go.  I'm glad you like it; download and print all you like.  It was just a quickie, but a fun one to do.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

You all deserve a Toby!!!   bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:    bear_thumb 

Shelli,  thank you for creating the spectacular photo !!!! they are all GORGEOUS !!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Great picture shelli!!!!
I am real curious about the item the racoon is holding. You posted a pic the otherday of one of your bears which was posed with something similar. (just curious that's all) nosey bugga I know bear_grin  bear_grin Matilda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Oh, mine was a plastic ornament; my bear SWEETIE was holding it.  Thank you for remembering that!  It was purchased at a holiday store in SF some years ago; I was saving it for just the right bear.  It's supposed to be old-fashioned ribbon candy!  Mine was much wider and shorter than Brenda's; she got the tall, slim version.  Hmmm... wonder what THAT means???

;)

I'm not sure what material Brenda's is; she may have made it herself.  Brenda?

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website
Shelli wrote:

I'm not sure what material Brenda's is; she may have made it herself.  Brenda?

testing 1,2,3,

saw a stunning entry and learnt something new
bear_original
Lynette

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi there,
     My ribbon candy is also a prop I bought in a Christmas store.   It came in a package of something and as soon as I saw it I knew I could use it as a prop.  Sometimes you have to grab things when you can find them!

Hugs,

Brenda

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Excellent entries girls, well done and good luck.

Board footer